Downloading game overnight (help)

Tongeyy

Honorable
May 3, 2013
I've still got 10 hours to go before battlefield 4 (I know my internet connection is crap) has downloaded and I want to play in the morning. I have two brothers sleeping with me in my room where my desktop is so is there any way of downloading overnight without any noise coming from it?

Any reply would be great. Thanks

Solution
Even the fans should not be so loud as to keep your brothers awake. As it is, I keep a floor standing fan in my bedroom and turn it on every night (can't sleep without it) as it provides sufficient white noise to drown out all other noises that would keep me awake.

You won't be able to shut them off in Windows. You'd have to open the case and dis-connect them from the motherboard/power supply, but again, they should not be that loud in the first place. Get a can of compressed air and an old (or new) toothbrush and clean the fins of the fans and your CPU/GPU heat sink. This allows for the dissipation of heat more freely and your fans do not have to spin so fast; causing so much noise.

-Wolf sends

Tongeyy

Honorable
May 3, 2013

Sorry, but I meant the fans - can i turn them off through windows and would they cause harm to my system if turned off?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Even the fans should not be so loud as to keep your brothers awake. As it is, I keep a floor standing fan in my bedroom and turn it on every night (can't sleep without it) as it provides sufficient white noise to drown out all other noises that would keep me awake.

You won't be able to shut them off in Windows. You'd have to open the case and dis-connect them from the motherboard/power supply, but again, they should not be that loud in the first place. Get a can of compressed air and an old (or new) toothbrush and clean the fins of the fans and your CPU/GPU heat sink. This allows for the dissipation of heat more freely and your fans do not have to spin so fast; causing so much noise.

-Wolf sends

Solution

TRENDING THREADS