[SOLVED] Downloading slow battlenet/origin

Morne19

Honorable
Jan 28, 2017
Good day floks. Hope all is well. I am having this weird issue... I have a 100Mbs fiber line( using the router that my ISP gave me), but for some reason I am not getting these speeds whilst downloading/updating games on origin/battlenet but the thing is my roommate is also connected but he gets full speeds. When downloading games or updating them I open task manager to see what the network side of things look like and it fluctuates from 5% till like max 70% but when looking on my roommates computer when he downloading he gets 95%+ network usage the whole time, his downloads are stable. I do not understand this, the downloads on my PC goes up and down the whole time from 100KBs to a max of 60-70Mbs. Is there maybe a way to make these downloads use 90%+ of my network?If anyone might be able to help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Solution
Speed can vary from server to server and website to website .

A good router just ensures you get the maximum possible bandwidth and signal range.

Multiple input- multiple output routers equally divide the bandwidth between devices so there's no issue of priority scheduling or latency.

Morne19

Honorable
Jan 28, 2017
Your friends laptop probably supports the 5 GHz wifi band, that's why.

but i would like to know which router you have, only then i can confirm this.

In a situation like this, you should look for a MU-MIMO router.

Like Tp Link 1200 MU-MIMO
I have the TP link Archer C20, It came with my ISP. Me and my friend both have desktops and we both are on a wired connection. Something strange I came across was that when I download something through steam it uses 95%+ Network usage and I get full 100Mbs download speed... This is really frustrating and I don't understand why origin/battlenet doesn't download at my full speeds.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Speed can vary from server to server and website to website .

A good router just ensures you get the maximum possible bandwidth and signal range.

Multiple input- multiple output routers equally divide the bandwidth between devices so there's no issue of priority scheduling or latency.

Solution