Downloading Speed dropped A LOT

Kakashi-Madara

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
I checked my download and upload speed at speedtest.net and it says that my download speed is 6-8MBps and that my upload speed was nearly 1MBps(0.97). I did A scan on my laptop to check for any kind of virus and treats, malware, ect. and there was nothing wrong. I have just recently been downloading things slow and browser pages are loading slow too. I am currently trying to download Left 4 Dead 2 on steam and have 40-150KBps, (for those how know steam and say switch servers) I have tried switching servers and it does help at first, but it peaks at 250KBps and then goes back to ~100. So what could be causing this? Recently I deleted all my cookies, I dont think that has anything to do with it but just extra details to be sure. Please help. Thank you.

Solution
This seems typical of steam. My downloads usually start around 2Mb/s and drop as low as 200kb/s, It will usually go up and down throughout the download. I think steam servers are set up this way and burst to certain clients at a time.

This is especially noticable during a 1st day release or during one of their big sales like this past weeks summer sale.
This seems typical of steam. My downloads usually start around 2Mb/s and drop as low as 200kb/s, It will usually go up and down throughout the download. I think steam servers are set up this way and burst to certain clients at a time.

This is especially noticable during a 1st day release or during one of their big sales like this past weeks summer sale.

Solution