[SOLVED] Downloading VR Games

Oct 5, 2020
I am soon getting the Oculus Quest 2, and it will be my first ever VR system. I know that it comes in two options, 64 Gb or 258 Gb. I was wondering if you had to download games you want to play directly on to the VR, or could you download them on your pc and play them from there. Thank you for any help in advance! 😊

Solution
I am soon getting the Oculus Quest 2, and it will be my first ever VR system. I know that it comes in two options, 64 Gb or 258 Gb. I was wondering if you had to download games you want to play directly on to the VR, or could you download them on your pc and play them from there. Thank you for any help in advance! 😊

PC Games will be of higher fidelity. HOWEVER you cannot download them directly to the Quest and make it wireless. Quest 2 games are lower fidelity and will only run stand alone on the quest.

Personally I try to avoid Oculus as facebook requires you to now link to your facebook account. This goes against their previous promise not too. So to me this shows you can't trust Facebook to live up to their word. And...

Wolfshadw

Titan
As I understand, there may be two versions of a particular game, a Quest version which is downloaded on the VR unit and a Rift version which is downloaded to your PC and played on your Quest unit via the link cable. I'm not sure Quest games are available for PC download.

-Wolf sends

PC Games will be of higher fidelity. HOWEVER you cannot download them directly to the Quest and make it wireless. Quest 2 games are lower fidelity and will only run stand alone on the quest.

Personally I try to avoid Oculus as facebook requires you to now link to your facebook account. This goes against their previous promise not too. So to me this shows you can't trust Facebook to live up to their word. And if you use a fake account, there's always a risk they could cancel your fake account and lose your library.

The general game plan here is to feed you ads, and track your behavior in VR. I don't like data mining on my games. So I have dumped all my Oculus library games. There's also likely to be a class action because they reneged on a public promise.

Solution