Question Downloading Windows 10 on an ssd

Mar 4, 2019
So I need to download Windows 10 on an ssd for my computer teacher. I tried using a usb to download it. When I got to the pc and ran the windows installer, it said the ssd isnt formated correctly so I was told to take home the ssd.

So I’m at home without the pc near me. Is there a way I can download Windows onto the ssd frim my computer and be able to plug the ssd into my computer teachers pc?

Not likely. A windows operating system installation is created for the hardware in the system where it is installed and unless your and the school's computers are similar, then the disk from your system will not work ,or work well, on the school's computer.

What did the error message say ? Did it refer to mbr/gpt partitions ? Be specific.

USAFRet

Titan
So I need to download Windows 10 on an ssd for my computer teacher. I tried using a usb to download it. When I got to the pc and ran the windows installer, it said the ssd isnt formated correctly so I was told to take home the ssd.

So I’m at home without the pc near me. Is there a way I can download Windows onto the ssd frim my computer and be able to plug the ssd into my computer teachers pc?
No.
It needs to be installed on the system where it will live.

Where, exactly, did it fail when you tried to install it the first time?

USAFRet

Titan
It said the ssd format wasn't compatible
You booted from a valid Win 10 USB or DVD, and it showed you that message?

Then what you need to do is to DELETE all existing partitions on the SSD, and then continue the install.

Section II, Step 6 & 7 speak to deleting all the existing partitions.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Mar 4, 2019
You booted from a valid Win 10 USB or DVD, and it showed you that message?

Then what you need to do is to DELETE all existing partitions on the SSD, and then continue the install.

Section II, Step 6 & 7 speak to deleting all the existing partitions.
Thank you