Question Downloads Capped at 7.19 mbps

Jul 23, 2019
So I've always had this problem with this PC. My downloads are always capped at 7 mbps and below no matter where I download from. I've gone to Speedtest.net and other sites like it and it shows me my correct internet speed which is aroumd 50 to 60 mbps up and down. I just don't get it.

do you know what frequency you are using. like 2 ghz 802.11n or 5gHz 802.11ac? and what kind of widfi adapter are you using? ex internal card, USB dongle or is it integrated?

also, you could be getting a lot of interference between you and your modem/ router depending on how far away you are from it and how many walls it has to travel through. if there is a way i would get an ethernet cable and connect it directly to the modem to test it that way too

Reactions: FallenT854
Jul 23, 2019
do you know what frequency you are using. like 2 ghz 802.11n or 5gHz 802.11ac? and what kind of widfi adapter are you using? ex internal card, USB dongle or is it integrated?

also, you could be getting a lot of interference between you and your modem/ router depending on how far away you are from it and how many walls it has to travel through. if there is a way i would get an ethernet cable and connect it directly to the modem to test it that way too
I'm actually not too sure. Could you tell me how to check this?

Ok, I believe I'm on a 5 ghz 802.11ac

5Ghz is a fast wifi connection but it is not good for long distances so you may be getting a weak signal if you are far away from your modem

if you are on windows 10 click on the wifi icon down by the time to show what networks are available, click on the one you are connected to and then click on "properties" , when the window appear scroll down to see the properties and it will say which network band you are connected to

Reactions: FallenT854
Jul 23, 2019
5Ghz is a fast wifi connection but it is not good for long distances so you may be getting a weak signal if you are far away from your modem

if you are on windows 10 click on the wifi icon down by the time to show what networks are available, click on the one you are connected to and then click on "properties" , when the window appear scroll down to see the properties and it will say which network band you are connected to
Yeah, it says I'm connected to a 5 ghz network. I don't have a weak signal though.