Downloads stopping and starting

No_Scoped_Jesus

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015
Hi guys. So for a while now, my downloads have been randomly stopping, sometimes they resume and sometimes they don't. I noticed it when I was downloading an Nvidia driver. First time it stopped after about 5 seconds. Second time it stopped about 30 seconds in, right before it completed. Took me numerous attempts to download. Eventually I just left it and it resumed about 20 minutes later. I have contacted my ISP and there are no issues, I have fiber pro unlimited. I tried turning off my firewall. Eventually I formatted my SSD and done a clean install of Windows 7 as I had a few driver conflicts and playback issues. It sorted everything, except my downloads were still stopping. I am currently reinstalling battlefield 4 through Origin and it's stopped and started I don't know how many times. Any ideas what would be causing this and how I can get it resolved? Photo of BF4 whilst it's stopped: https://gyazo.com/c0248f0932b7d6ea02de86c506be4e7c

Thanks

atesz

Reputable
Oct 23, 2015

it could well be that your hard drive is failing. if you can, try to download on a different hard drive, and if it downloads without problem that would indicate hardware fault. otherwise i had the same problem at one point on blizzard downloader, a router restart solved the problem on my end.

No_Scoped_Jesus

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015

Thanks for your answer. After so long trying to figure this out, I was simply using the wrong LAN driver! Got the correct one from my motherboard website and everything is good!