Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
I think my recently bought DP cable is causing screen to flicker or go black for a few seconds when I move the monitor slightly , and my GPU have a red light turned on when Pc is OFF , what is weird ... never happened before ,the cable seems to be much thinner than my old cable that I only changed beacuse it´s small , and when I have the PC now it can not reach it . So I ask if this Cable here seems fine?

PS: I use a monitor stand on my desk ! since my monitor from factory can´t go up and down and the stand from factory was really bad, at least imo.

Solution
That looks different from the cable that was pictured on the product page. Looks like they just sent you a generic non-certified cable. Also explains why the GPU lights up when the computer is off, it probably has pin 20 connected all the way through the cable (that pin provides power for adapters, it's not supposed to be connected in simple cables), this backfeeds power to the GPU from the monitor. It's common for cheap cables to have this problem. I don't think the cable you got is as advertised (claims to be certified on the product page, but a cable wired this way would never pass the VESA certification test).

Lutfij

Titan
I tend to invest in quality products to give me peace of mind. I'd suggest that you buy the Club3D branded cable from this list, namely this one. As for your previous wire's question, could you place both the old and the new cables side by side and take a picture of them, to give as a comparison of the thickness concerns you speak of? Host the image on Imgur and then parse a link to said image upload for us to see.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
I tend to invest in quality products to give me peace of mind. I'd suggest that you buy the Club3D branded cable from this list, namely this one. As for your previous wire's question, could you place both the old and the new cables side by side and take a picture of them, to give as a comparison of the thickness concerns you speak of? Host the image on Imgur and then parse a link to said image upload for us to see.
it´s a bit expensive for a cable :O , there´s not a cable at max 10 euros with good quality ?
cable comparation :
maybe on real life is much easier to see the differences , I think you will to have to believe in me :p
View: https://imgur.com/JuMzal5

That looks different from the cable that was pictured on the product page. Looks like they just sent you a generic non-certified cable. Also explains why the GPU lights up when the computer is off, it probably has pin 20 connected all the way through the cable (that pin provides power for adapters, it's not supposed to be connected in simple cables), this backfeeds power to the GPU from the monitor. It's common for cheap cables to have this problem. I don't think the cable you got is as advertised (claims to be certified on the product page, but a cable wired this way would never pass the VESA certification test).

Solution

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
the cable that I have is not the same that I have linked , the cable that I have linked is the one that I am planning to buy to replace the cable that I have now that is giving all the problems .