[SOLVED] DP is terrible

Oct 17, 2021
How do I get two monitors working? My gpu has 3 dp slots, but for some reason I can barely connect one (right now i am using one monitor through HDMI, because DP wont give me a signal (again) and i am not willing to play the plug/unplug game(again)). Is just me that has a problem with DP? because the solution where u unplug and plug back in is frankly worth <Mod Edit> (in my humble opinion). also clean install of drivers doesn not work....

also. when pc going to sleep and if using dp connection, monitor wont necceseraly wake back up? lol

Mod note: Keep the language clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
sounds like a bad cable but can also be a bad port on either the graphics card or the display.

are you using the cable that came with the monitor?
if it's a low quality or a very old monitor it can be a cheap cable or just a cheap display that doesn't work correctly.

always include your system specs when starting a help thread especially any components you are posting about.
sounds like a bad cable but can also be a bad port on either the graphics card or the display.

are you using the cable that came with the monitor?
if it's a low quality or a very old monitor it can be a cheap cable or just a cheap display that doesn't work correctly.

always include your system specs when starting a help thread especially any components you are posting about.

Solution
Oct 17, 2021
i have 3 different DP cables. I have HDMI to DP convertor and VGA to DP convertor. i heard the same advice/opinion before, although i thank you for your time, i must say it is not worth much.

i have 1660ti and see no reason why anybody would be interested in anything else?

I have HDMI to DP convertor and VGA to DP convertor.
if using these, it is more than likely the issue.
you will see many threads with people using cheap converters / generic cables getting the same type of issues.
and the price you paid for them doesn't stipulate if they are "cheaply" manufactured or not.
buying junk will usually get you junk performance
thank you for your time, i must say it is not worth much.
you still haven't listed your specs or if you are actually using decent hardware.

you looking for a magic answer without actually listening to those with experience in this issue will most likely get you nowhere.
i have 1660ti and see no reason why anybody would be interested in anything else?
since the display in question, the power supply being used to power this system, and any cables you are using are of significance in this situation is why.

you should probably take this system to a shop and get it worked on because i doubt you can handle this with the attitude you are expressing.

Oct 17, 2021
I use DP to DP. only bought converters (they are passive) because i tried hooking up my third monitor...

atm moment i am using my main monitor conected through hdmi, because even though i unpluged him from ac, DP has no signal (all three cables).

now eventualy the connection on the main monitor will go through, just needs "several" tries of unpluging. i know it will... i just need to spend a few hours of unpluging it and plugging it back in........

but my second monitor for which i also have the desire connect through DP to DP, wont connect even after "a few hours" of unplugin.

i need my second to work with DP to DP, so i can hook up my 72inch TV onto the HDMI slot.

i am pissed of. if there was a chance atm, i would go out and buy a gpu with 4 hdmi slots.