[SOLVED] Dp to d-sub

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
Good day. Has anybody had any experience with display port to d-sub adaptor please. Is it straight forward, like will windows automatically detect the display type when using such adaptors?

Thanks.

Solution
you need an active adapter, then all will work fine. i've got an hdmi to d-sub in my system now and have used many others over the years. no problem so long as it the right type. just be sure it says "active adapter" in the description.

i've found the dirt cheap ones should be avoided, but you don't need the $30 one either. usually around $10 is the good price range for a quality one

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you need an active adapter, then all will work fine. i've got an hdmi to d-sub in my system now and have used many others over the years. no problem so long as it the right type. just be sure it says "active adapter" in the description.

i've found the dirt cheap ones should be avoided, but you don't need the $30 one either. usually around $10 is the good price range for a quality one

Solution

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020

Cool that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks 👍