Question DP to VGA converter suddenly stopped working

Mar 23, 2019
I have a Samsung E1920 monitor that only has VGA input, and my RX 580 only has DVI/HDMI/DP output.
I decided to buy a DisplayPort to VGA converter, and I hooked it up and it went fine for a month..
Then I was gone for a while, in the mean time I relocated my PC, during which the converter was disconnected from my monitor, and when I tried turning my PC on, the monitor was blank.
The cable works because connecting the VGA cable to my motherboard results in an image, the monitor works because monitor works, the GPU works because it displays image on my HDMI TV and from all of this, either my DisplayPort adapter does not work or my DisplayPort port does not work.
What's my next step ? I can just go ahead and buy a HDMI to VGA converter and solve the problem but I'd rather not spend 15$ if possible.
I've checked a lot of things to make sure it works, but nothing actually makes it work, absolutely nothing, not even for a glimpse.
Disconnecting and then connecting the GPU, removing and then again adding the power cables, disconnecting and reconnecting the monitor, doing tricks I found on a Youtube video, nothing works.
Is there something I can do (even if it means physical repair) to solve this problem ?

Lutfij

Titan
Why didn't you just get an VGA-DVI adapter? Might want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Which version of the OS are you on? You could try and remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 15 mins and see if you can regain connectivity.