Question DP TO vga not working! confused..

RishabhfromIND

Prominent
Mar 5, 2019
Hey ya ! Here are my specs:
3GB ddr3 RAM, Pentium G620, and trying to install Dell AMD RADEON 7570.
So I have a pre built system by Dell which I bought in 2011, I decided to put a cheap GPu in it (it's brand new BTW but low cost) .
It has no VGA output , only DP or Dvi I dual link, So I inserted the GPU in pcie and joined the DP to VGA cable to it (3 cables I have tried) but all I see on my screen is A no VGA cable detected error. It works fine on integrated GPU.
I tried everything to make it work, but the computer won't boot due to no display.
I don't know what is causing the issue, is it the PSU or something else ?
PS: I have a Inspiron 620s with 255 Watt PSU.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Does your monitor not have a button that can change between signals - vga, hdmi, dvi, etc.?

But you should just send that card back as your current psu isn't enough for it.
Recommended is at least 400w - granted, manufacturers exaggerate a little, for safety reasons, but that's still not going to make up for the more than 100w difference from your current psu.

RishabhfromIND

Prominent
Mar 5, 2019
Does your monitor not have a button that can change between signals - vga, hdmi, dvi, etc.? No

But you should just send that card back as your current psu isn't enough for it.
Recommended is at least 400w - granted, manufacturers exaggerate a little, for safety reasons, but that's still not going to make up for the more than 100w difference from your current psu.
[/Q
No bro
People are running AMD 6670 on the same PC. AMD 6670 is recommended for inspiron 620s even though it needs 400w PSU.
Moreover, I have removed CD DVD drive reader and extrai fan.

TRENDING THREADS