DP won't work on my 144HZ monitor.

TDlolgamer

Prominent
Jul 19, 2017
So, I bought an AOC 2460g4 monitor a while back ( around half a year now ). And I also got my new build when I had ordered this monitor. So I have been using HDMI and recently realised I only had 120HZ and not 144hz that isn't even an option. So I switched to the DP that came with the screen and it always says " No Signal " when the DP cable is connected.

I have an MSI GTX 1050 Ti btw, and it shouldn't be a problem with 144hz. So I've got to ask, can I make a custom resolution ( 1920 x 1080 that I already use ) with 144hz even if the highest I can use in the windows settings is 120? Since both the screen and the GPU should handle 144 without a problem?

Thanks! :D

TDlolgamer

Prominent
Jul 19, 2017

Yes my graphics driver is up to date, it shows 120hz as the highest setting and not 144. And DisplayPort doesn't work...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I had a friend frantically call me about an issue getting DP on an AOC monitor while he was making a new build. Did you make sure to hit the source button on the monitor? In this case, my friend's was looking for the HDMI and he just had to hit the left-most button to make it change the input to DP.

30 miles there and 30 miles back to fix the a 45-second problem for him, but he did loan me his pickup truck so I could move some stuff soon after to make up for it.

TDlolgamer

Prominent
Jul 19, 2017

There is no option to enable DP or 144hz in the OSD, there is, however, an option called DP Capability where I can choose between 1.1 and 1.2 but it didn't change anything.