doggo_856

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
First of all, thanks for reading.

As the title says, im having some latency issues with my computer (especially playing certaing games)
Im getting constant 16000 µs of latency wich is a lot, the normal latency should be around 500 µs or less.
I've already tried updating my GPU drivers, updating my LAN drivers, changing power settings, using Windows Tweaker, and some other solutions. None of these worked.
But i've discovered the source (possibly) of the problem, when i disable my GPU drivers my latency drops to around 1000µs, wich is a huge drop. As i said updating the GPU drivers, even reinstalling a fresh copy of Windows didn't worked, im really confused with this. What should i try?

Thanks for reading, and have a nice day!

P.S: Watching videos on Youtube increases my latency aswell (so does running certain games) :)

Solution
Hi, im talking about DPC Latency, im using LatencyMon for monitoring it.
DPC latency tester will give you some clues as to what it thinks the problem could be,copy paste that here.

This could be your GPU biting the dust, without the drivers it runs at a much slower clock, as a default VGA card, allowing it to work and then if you increase the load it has issues,but that's just a guestimation could just as well be a bad driver for any of your hardware or something else all together.

I'm at 1000 normally with no issues whatsoever.
Are you talking about internet latency or frame rates? Because either way 500ms is way too high.
How are you seeing/monitoring the ms/latency?

Also how do you work with your GPU disabled,do you have a laptop or a CPU with integrated graphics?
A complete list of your hardware would be helpful together with a list of games and the issues you have.

doggo_856

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
Are you talking about internet latency or frame rates? Because either way 500ms is way too high.

Also how do you work with your GPU disabled,do you have a laptop or a CPU with integrated graphics?
A complete list of your hardware would be helpful together with a list of games and the issues you have.

Hi, im talking about DPC Latency, im using LatencyMon for monitoring it. I disabled my gpu using the device manager, i mean, i disabled the driver.
Also, here are my specs, its a low end computer.

GTX 650 1GB-GPU
AMD 1090T Phenom x6-CPU
M4A88T-M- MOBO
6 GB RAM 1366 Mhz
Thermaltake TR2 600w- PSU
Hope this helps.

swineadam

Commendable
Jun 21, 2018

no. the DPC latency is something else. i don't fully understand it, but it is supposed to be lower for better real-time capabilities.

there is a proggy you can check it with > https://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

i have only been able to get Windows to go as low as 495/500. i have seen pictures of other people getting much much lower, and am super jealous. and also have no clue how to get lower. i think it is a hardware related limitation.

well... normally the OS automatically uses the lowest possible setting whenever needed.

@doggo_856

you could try this to help find your culprit > https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

you could also try this to sticky your timer to highest resolution > https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-timer-resolution-tool-in-form-of-system-service.376458/

Hi, im talking about DPC Latency, im using LatencyMon for monitoring it.
DPC latency tester will give you some clues as to what it thinks the problem could be,copy paste that here.

This could be your GPU biting the dust, without the drivers it runs at a much slower clock, as a default VGA card, allowing it to work and then if you increase the load it has issues,but that's just a guestimation could just as well be a bad driver for any of your hardware or something else all together.

Solution

doggo_856

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

Ye, maybe my gpu is dying and that's it, makes sense. It's pretty old, and i need an upgrade anyway, thanks for the help guys!