specs:
asus p8b75
i3-3210
gskill ripjaws 4gb ddr3
seasonic 520w psu
acer X193HQ monitor(VGA)
creative speakers 2.1
no graphics card

the latency is unusually high in windows 8 ranging above 1000ms at all times causing audio stutterings and dropouts ,,i tried disabling dynamic ticking but no results,,i also ran latency mon,it also showed high latency,,this barely happened,,the problem has increased over the past few months,,this system is barely 6 months old(except for speakers and monitor),,i dont know what to do?? i am running windows 8 64 bit,,i also updated my network drivers but no effect,,i am at a complete loss

IYoiku9.png

PP51p2O.png

this has gone upto 6000ms

your currently measured process latency of 106 micro seconds is fine. your peaks are high. assuming you have current drivers (network card device driver) I would look for a anti virus software that is actively scanning and disable it and see if your still getting the sound issues. You might want to look up how to reset the stats that legacymon is reporting you you can see if you make a change that makes a improvement. I would guess it is going to be in some performance counter that you will want to reset.

Shantanu Ghose

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

will this cause a problem in a long run??

106 micros seconds should not be a problem but you should not be getting your sound pops in game either.
I would disable any virus checking and see if your problem goes away. If that fail I would also check my BIOS for
a HPET (high precision event timer) and make sure it is enabled (for 64 bit for 64 bit OS) and see if that has an effect on
your sound popping.