Question DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION on boot - HELP!

ashala2202

Reputable
Dec 20, 2016
Hello, everyone!
We've recently purchased an Asus VivoBook Flip 14 TM420IA and I keep getting the mentioned stop error on bootup from time to time. I can't seem to pinpoint any regularity in the behaviour. It happened this morning again and now I'm getting desperate since it's a new computer and I'd like to avoid any warranty-related communication with my vendor if possible. There wasn't any .dmp file in the Windows folder, so I switched to Small memory dump in the settings with the hope of getting more info if it happens again. I've also looked into SATA AHCI Controller parameters in the Device Manager and it's set to standard. However, my Event Viewer is full of Errors, Warnings and Criticals. I'm sharing the ones related to the incident this morning (at least according to the timestamps).

The blue screen is usually preceded by a somewhat loud CLICK sound similar to the one when you plug in the desktop speakers while they're turned on. It then restarts and the PC works fine. This is the first time I've got a BSOD and the third time it happened overall. On the previous two occasions the screen blanked (went grey or whatever) and restarted.

I did a chkdsk and it didn't find any errors or bad sectors.

Event Viewer files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FfhphDz2ZizMZ0BpidZVQxkjx1ykY2_x/view?usp=sharing

The Viewer also shows loads of DistributedCOM errors and warnings.

Any ideas what could be the problem & the solution?

Device name DESKTOP-Q35MQM5 Processor AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon Graphics 2.38 GHz Installed RAM 8,00 GB (7,41 GB usable) Device ID E55223AA-0FA3-4F5A-BD5E-A5B15F618975 Product ID 00325-82036-85397-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points
Edition Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎15.‎4.‎2021. OS build 19042.928 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS