DPC Watchdog Violation

-Volke

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
Two or three weeks after moving into my college dorm, I started getting these constantly. And I have no idea why it started. I've updated my GPU/SSD/Wireless Adapter drivers, I'm running on ACHI, I've disabled any other network devices, etc. Still happening within a 2 hour time span of having my computer on.

Some specs:
MSI GTX 970
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
Windows 10 64bit
MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Moba
NETGEAR A6210 adapter
Intel i7 4790k 4.0 GHz

Some things I have tried:
1.Uninstalling Hamachi
2.Updating GPU/SSD drivers
3.Disabling Killer e2200 Gigabit ethernet connection
4. Setting the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller driver to Standard SATA ACHI Controller

Any ideas or help please? This has been driving me insane for the past two weeks.

-Volke

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
I just updated my BIOS and various other drives for the Moba so I'll keep you updated on what happens.

How would one go about detecting incompatibility regarding my ACHI storage driver and fixing it if that is the issue? This problem is fairly recent. I've had this computer running top-notch since March, and I only have had issues since late August, so I am not so sure on it.

xtnt

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2013
Windows device manager should list all of your important devices, including the sata ahci storage controller. It is usually listed, under 'IDE/ATA ATAPI' controllers. I (think) the device manager also gives you the option to expand all devices in the list.
If you right click on a device and select properties, there should be tabs for details, eg general info, or on the specific driver used for the device. Properties should note if the device is working correctly or if any conflicts or incompatibility is known. If there are no issues showing in your device manager, just make sure keep your system up to date, including windows itself. I don't know if windows 10 automatically installs third party drivers by default, such as those in my link above. If it does and you have future problems, you might want to consider unchecking third party updates from windows update's own settings, and updating devices only from MSI or the official site of hardware you purchase, to see if that makes a difference.

-Volke

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
I checked and there are no compatibility issues whatsoever. It managed to occur again this morning; for whatever reason it may be. I've updated my BIOS, Moba drivers, GPU, and Windows 10 and this is still occurring.

For now, I've rolled back my GPU Driver wayyyy back to see if that'll make a difference.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Bluescreenview and whocrashed can only go so far

Can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
okay, normally there are a few people around here that read dumps but they haven't been on recently.

To avoid you wasting your time anymore, go here and follow their posting instructions and they will help much faster than I have been

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/