dylanpawlowski

Reputable
Jan 14, 2017
Hello!

I am writing today to discuss an issue I am having with my PC related to the error code: DPC Watchdog Violation.

The context is this:

I made the mistake of having a game running in the background when GeForce Experience asked me if I wanted to update some drivers for my graphics card. Once I clicked download/update, the computer crashed and gave me the BSOD error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation.

Now every time I try to start my PC back up it crashes 10 seconds into loading into my desktop with the same error.

I tried researching solutions to this problem and most of the videos online said I should update my drivers related to the processor in device manager. The problem is I can not start my pc long enough to do this.

I tried starting my PC in safe mode and updating the drivers there, but this did not work once I restarted the PC. I even tried removing all drivers related to my GeForce GTX graphics card, which allowed me like 1 extra minute in my desktop before I got the error again. I have tried doing almost everything I could find on Youtube, but to no avail. I am close to giving up and taking it in to a PC repair shop but I would rather see what folks on Tom’s thought. If you reply with a potential solution I appreciate your time and effort.

My specs:
Intel Core i7 (6600k or something)
GTX 1030 3 GB
ASUS STRIX B250 gaming motherboard
16gb ram
2 250g SSD’s

Solution
Update: After some troubleshooting, I have realized that this BSOD may be related to Network Drivers as I only BSOD when I plug in the Ethernet cable. The computer seems to crash shortly after without fail. I have tried uninstalling the ethernet cable drivers in device manager, but for some reason the driver never actaully uninstalls it. My computer just says it was uninstalled and when I try to install the fresh ethernet drivers it says I can not do this do to current ethernet drivers still installed. That is where I am. I thank you for your time.

yeah, these caused almost every BSOD, only one isn't obvious but when rest are, its pretty clear.
Jul 12 2017e1d62x64.sysIntel(R) Gigabit...

Colif

Win 11 Master
go into safe mode

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

go into windows and wait for bsod, then go back into safe mode and do below

Open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

you can take the GPU out and use igpu in the CPU so you don't get any errors from GPU - it at least lets you use the pc.

dylanpawlowski

Reputable
Jan 14, 2017
Hi Colif,

Thank you for your response. I am including the link to the BSOD Mimidump at the bottom of this post.

Update: After some troubleshooting, I have realized that this BSOD may be related to Network Drivers as I only BSOD when I plug in the Ethernet cable. The computer seems to crash shortly after without fail. I have tried uninstalling the ethernet cable drivers in device manager, but for some reason the driver never actaully uninstalls it. My computer just says it was uninstalled and when I try to install the fresh ethernet drivers it says I can not do this do to current ethernet drivers still installed. That is where I am. I thank you for your time.

BOSD Minidump:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gykkwciw3snefwz/AAAjKkutkMzOG6QbpCZ0k7Iya?dl=0

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I looked at 8 of the most recent dumps that you uploaded and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/rkuzb2pm/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:040121-5468-01.dmp (Apr 1 2021 - 11:43:00)
Bugcheck:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Probably caused by:NETIO.SYS (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

File information:033121-6750-01.dmp (Mar 31 2021 - 21:51:24)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1d62x64.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 46 Sec(s)

File information:033121-6734-01.dmp (Mar 31 2021 - 22:00:51)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 36 Sec(s)

File information:033121-6328-01.dmp (Mar 31 2021 - 22:25:07)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 54 Sec(s)

File information:033121-6078-01.dmp (Mar 31 2021 - 21:47:13)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1d62x64.sys
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 28 Sec(s)

File information:033121-5921-01.dmp (Mar 31 2021 - 21:33:13)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: GameBarFTServer.ex)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 06 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)

File information:033121-5796-01.dmp (Mar 31 2021 - 21:22:43)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: software_reporter_tool.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 53 Sec(s)

File information:033121-5437-02.dmp (Mar 31 2021 - 22:08:49)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: SearchUI.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 42 Sec(s)
Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed.

Possible Motherboard page: https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b250f-gaming-model/
You have the latest BIOS already installed.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master

yeah, these caused almost every BSOD, only one isn't obvious but when rest are, its pretty clear.
Jul 12 2017e1d62x64.sysIntel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

I would try downloading the top package here on another PC and put it on USB and try running it on PC
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/82186/Intel-Ethernet-Connection-I219-V

Solution