Question Dr Debug=60, new x570 Taichi, 3900xt

On Tuesday morning, woke up to a dead computer. After testing my psu (corsair 1200i self test was fine) and finding that the only thing that came on were all the leds (no dr debug codes at all, just dark led and no chassis fans), I figured it was the motherboard which was an x470 taichi ultimate. I had no issues previous to that morning. So, pulled everything, bought an x570 Taichi and reinstalled everything this morning. At first, the debug codes were just a 00. So I cleared cmos, made sure everything was seated and tried again. Oddly, when I pulled the connections from the system panel header, I found that when I left the reset pin off, the debug codes moved to 10 - then it would reboot and try again.

At this point, I'm thinking it's possible there was some kind of surge and both my 3900xt and the board fried. So, I put in the 2700 and cleared cmos and this time the debug codes moved to 60, stayed for a minute and then rebooted, etc.

With both cpus, when I reattached the reset jumpers to the system panel header, the debug stayed at 00. So, I pulled every cable off the board, pulled the ram, video card and I got the same codes with the 3900 (10) and the 2700 (60.) The debug codes indicate that 10=PEI core Started and 60 =dxe core started.

EDITING - for clarity and additional info: So, the core started codes may indicate that my ram is bad? I tried 1 stick, 2 stick, etc - maybe they fried in whatever surge killed my original board? The G.Skill I had in there is compatible with this board. So, armed with a new board, a new cpu just in case and new ram on the way, I guess we'll see.

Last edited: