Dr. Dre, HP Make Limited Edition Envy 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
The Envy 13 seems like a rip off, its speced and priced equally to the MBP.

The 15 on the other hand is pretty impressive... A Core i7 in a 1 inch thick notebook that gets incredible battery life, has 16 gigs (!) of RAM and still weighs less than a 15 inch Macbook Pro? Thats some slick work right there HP.

G

Ah yes, swooning over a still non-existant Core i7 laptop CPU. Still a dual-core, but at a much lower clockspeed, with turbo mode to 2.8ghz, which I'd assume would give you 3rd degree burns on your lap if you actually did something long and computationally intensive, like, let's say, compiling a Linux kernel, or rendering you latest hip-hop beat in Fruity Loops.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
-It sounds like an interesting concept but I wonder about all
-the comments about heat.

Totally, I'm thinking this is either gonna be a loud machine once it gets going, or another lap burner.

If its a part of Dr. Dre's Beats line, it will be targeting professional's in the creative fields. I'm curious about the availble I/O ports. Will it have an express media slot? What about SDHC and eSATA?

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]christop[/nom]Why would you need 16 gigs of memory in a laptop?[/citation]

I do HD Video editing on the road, and hate packing the full tower and monitors, I do batch photo processing of 1000 12mp raw still images on the road and need something that can handle that load.

Thank you.

G

@JN77: So now, the $50 question is: Does task manager indicate that you're actually using that much memory, or were you just trying to be an elitist prick? If your full-tower desktop you speak of doesn't have 16gb of memory, then I think the latter is true by default.

surrept420

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Id like to know if they are going to have the board failure rate of their current series. We had stacks of them in the back of the shop just taking up space. Design/specs look amazing though. Will be interesting to see how its working a year after its purchase.

G

i also do lot of 3d rendering, audio and image work and need to be mobile, from office to office. this, potentially, is perfect.

G

What's next, the DJ Premier MPC-60 laptop with 750k RAM. Now THAT would be off the chain!

3rev

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I'm only seeing 2 USB and no Firewire ports in those pics.. Gonna be hard to hook up all my gear to it for a show. (USB hubs don't cut it for alot of Controllers :(

G

I would like to inform that I am HP Notebook employee...so ill throw more light on this model...The firewireport is there and it comes with Smart AC adapter which 2 more USB ports and a ethernet port...the AAC adapter gonna be a wireless router for the notebook once the ethernet cable is inserted...16 GB RAM is very important for music artists and visual artists...it also has has 2 hard drive bay and one hard drive is SSD which gonna be crashproof.As per the price tag, its pretty much worthy....

Status
Not open for further replies.