drag & drop to move a file NOT copy

I'm pretty sure I used to be able to move a file by dragging & dropping
between folders. Now every time I drag & drop the file is copied . . .
leaving a copy in the source folder and adding another in the destination. I
want the copy in the source folder gone, but I have to delete it manually
(which is a waste of time!) Anyone know a setting I should change to alter
this behaviour? Thanks!

Use right-click to drag. You will then get a choice to move or copy.

"stumped" wrote:

> I'm pretty sure I used to be able to move a file by dragging & dropping
> between folders. Now every time I drag & drop the file is copied . . .
> leaving a copy in the source folder and adding another in the destination. I
> want the copy in the source folder gone, but I have to delete it manually
> (which is a waste of time!) Anyone know a setting I should change to alter
> this behaviour? Thanks!

mark

Not sure about changing the setting permanently but if when you are dragging
the fie you hold down the <shift> key then the file will be moved and not
copied. You will see the litle plus sign on the cursor change when you hold
the key down.

Hope that helps.