Question Dragon Age Inquisition runs slow after reinstalling ?

Nevis

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
A fresh install, I played dragon age in HDD took me 1 min of load times, I transferred it into SSD problem solved only 5s of loading time, after 2 days of playing SSD load times were now the same as HDD, what's weird is that when this happened all my settings were reset to default, and Origin decided to install a "new" version of itself ?

I tried so many fixes I see in forum but nothing worked so I tried reinstalling DAI and origins but the load times just became worse.

Lutfij

Titan
Hmmm, that does seem odd. Can you check and see what OS version you're, assuming you're on Windows 10? Ideally you should be on version 21H1. Mind stating what you've tried so we're not repeating suggestions that haven't worked for you? Make and model of your PSU and the age of the unit? I'd also try and use DDU, then reinstall your GPU in hopes that it might be a driver issue.

As for the storage, are you working with two storage devices, 1 SSD and 1 HDD? Mind stating their structure, via a screenshot of Disk Manager?

Nevis

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
Hmmm, that does seem odd. Can you check and see what OS version you're, assuming you're on Windows 10? Ideally you should be on version 21H1. Mind stating what you've tried so we're not repeating suggestions that haven't worked for you? Make and model of your PSU and the age of the unit? I'd also try and use DDU, then reinstall your GPU in hopes that it might be a driver issue.

As for the storage, are you working with two storage devices, 1 SSD and 1 HDD? Mind stating their structure, via a screenshot of Disk Manager?
pmlWzoM3p

My PSU is a corsair RM750X and my system is about a year old, I have tested other games like fallout 4, Days Gone load times are about 10-20s. Added note I also have star wars battlefront 2 same folder and everything and it takes 30s to load a match

Last edited:
i dont know about your other games but i do know why dragons age is slow to launch cos i have them all , i put my steam client on a new pc and reinstalled all my games.
With regards to dragon age games , steam launches then links to the origin client and then origin launches the game to the server , it also searches for updates before launching if if there are none.

Nevis

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
i dont know about your other games but i do know why dragons age is slow to launch cos i have them all , i put my steam client on a new pc and reinstalled all my games.
With regards to dragon age games , steam launches then links to the origin client and then origin launches the game to the server , it also searches for updates before launching if if there are none.
mine just happened all of a sudden it was fine a few days ago, then when I booted it up one day load times were slow like it was on an HDD ?

TRENDING THREADS