Dragon Ultra Mobo

Jeepyny625

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2002
So this was interesting - I just got a Dragon Ultra mobo and Athlon 2000+ CPU, with 512MB VS Corsair 2700 RAM, and a Lian-Li box for it all.

After a couple of misfires (literally, including a fried psu), I got the thing to start up - thing was, it wouldn't restart or shut down properly. I reinstalled windows 3 times, and finally it stuck, but it still wouldn't shut down and the onboard audio would crash it. At least until I adjusted the overclocking to 137MHZ, with a 13 multiplier, which gives it nice speed - then it started to act normally, with the audio chip working and restarting as normal. Unfortunately my registry is gone so I have to reinstall everything. Oh, and for some reason, this board didn't require me to unlock the XP at all - all bus speeds and multipliers are available.

What's going on here?

delpart

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2002
Which version of windows are you using? Make sure power management is disabled in BIOS. This is VERY important because BIOS will compete for the power management with the OS if your board is ACPI compliant which I believe it is. You need to give more info in order for someone to properly advise you. How do you know your registry is gone? If you can get into windows it is working. Make sure you are not using the heatsink/fan that came with the CPU. You will need a bigger heatsink and higher capacity fan.

en Xristos

TRENDING THREADS