Question Dram Issues(help)

Aug 20, 2022
Hello Everyone i have some dram issues that i would like some help to so my problem is that i have 4 sticks of ram and before installing the new GPU that i have bought all 4 were working perfectly fine and now after i have installed the GPU i can only put 1 stick in and saddly i cant find out why is that there and i have inspected for maybe a broken pin or somethink at ram slots but no thats not the problem everythink is oke i have tested every ram stick by itself and all of them boot up but if i trye the second ram stick it doesnt work and yes i know where i should put the sticks in if iam using 2 of them i have read the manual and i took down the CPU Cooler down to see if maybe it is related with CPU and there is no broken/bented pins or somethink i even lossen the CPU Cooler down a bit to see if it maybe works but it doesnt work saddly is there a way to tell me what to do to get them to work because iam struggling here saddly and there is nothink visually wrong with CPU or with Ram slots/sticks or with somethink else i have tested everythink that it is possible for it to check and it still doesnt work Does anyone think for an idea whats causing it

i builded the system by myself
MotherBoard : ASUS Tuf Gaming x570 Plus
CPU : Ryzen 5 3400g
GPU : Rtx 3060
CPU Cooler : DeepCool AK620
RAM Sticks : Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 4.24Version and 2x8GB Version 5.39 (and version is not a problem before they all worked fine)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone i have some dram issues that i would like some help to so my problem is that i have 4 sticks of ram and before installing the new GPU that i have bought all 4 were working perfectly fine and now after i have installed the GPU i can only put 1 stick in and saddly i cant find out why is that there and i have inspected for maybe a broken pin or somethink at ram slots but no thats not the problem everythink is oke i have tested every ram stick by itself and all of them boot up but if i trye the second ram stick it doesnt work and yes i know where i should put the sticks in if iam using 2 of them i have read the manual and i took down the CPU Cooler down to see if maybe it is related with CPU and there is no broken/bented pins or somethink i even lossen the CPU Cooler down a bit to see if it maybe works but it doesnt work saddly is there a way to tell me what to do to get them to work because iam struggling here saddly and there is nothink visually wrong with CPU or with Ram slots/sticks or with somethink else i have tested everythink that it is possible for it to check and it still doesnt work Does anyone think for an idea whats causing it

i builded the system by myself
MotherBoard : ASUS Tuf Gaming x570 Plus
CPU : Ryzen 5 3400g
GPU : Rtx 3060
CPU Cooler : DeepCool AK620
RAM Sticks : Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 4.24Version and 2x8GB Version 5.39 (and version is not a problem before they all worked fine)
Remove the new gpu....test.

Aug 20, 2022
PC hardware, any of it, can die without any reason what-so-ever. Since you had your RAM working fine before, but not anymore, one of the two (or both) happened:
  • Some RAM sticks died.
  • MoBo RAM slots died.
Have you tried the single working stick on all RAM slots? To rule out MoBo issue.
yes i have tryed it and they work all fine no stick has died no damage to the ram slots and since you cant boot the pc from another ram slot that means iam stuck in only 8gb of ram in for excample slot1 but i cant use slot3

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 4.24Version and 2x8GB Version 5.39 (and version is not a problem before they all worked fine)

You have mixed memory in there. And the fact that they did work fine, but won't after system has changed hardware wise (different GPU), isn't that unheard of.
Here's further reading regarding memory mixing: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...y-ram-and-xmp-profile-configurations.3398926/

Can you distinguish which of the RAM sticks are v 4.24 and which ones are v. 5.39? Since if you can, put the identical RAM sticks together and try out all slot combinations with two sticks. E.g take the two v 4.24 and start testing. Also, make sure to mark one of the sticks, so you know which is 1st and which is 2nd (e.g put a small post-it note on it):

DIMM 1 in 1st slot + DIMM 2 in 2nd slot - tests - yes/no for boot,
DIMM 1 in 1st slot + DIMM 2 in 3rd slot - tests - yes/no for boot,
DIMM 1 in 1st slot + DIMM 2 in 4th slot - tests - yes/no for boot,

DIMM 1 in 2nd slot + DIMM 2 in 1st slot - tests - yes/no for boot,
DIMM 1 in 2nd slot + DIMM 2 in 3rd slot - tests - yes/no for boot,
DIMM 1 in 2nd slot + DIMM 2 in 4th slot - tests - yes/no for boot,

DIMM 1 in 3rd slot + DIMM 2 in 1st slot - tests - yes/no for boot,
DIMM 1 in 3rd slot + DIMM 2 in 2nd slot - tests - yes/no for boot,
DIMM 1 in 3rd slot + DIMM 2 in 4th slot - tests - yes/no for boot,

DIMM 1 in 4th slot + DIMM 2 in 1st slot - tests - yes/no for boot,
DIMM 1 in 4th slot + DIMM 2 in 2nd slot - tests - yes/no for boot,
DIMM 1 in 4th slot + DIMM 2 in 3rd slot - tests - yes/no for boot.

And yes, i know that it's very tedios thing to do. But this is only way to confirm RAM issues with MoBo on hardware level.

And after you've tested v 4.24, take v 5.39 and do the same process all over again.
Now, what this process tells you, is finding out which combination (RAM stick placement in which slot), works and which doesn't.

--

You got lucky of mixing different versions of RAMs, but your luck has now ran out and what is left, is either the tedious testing (written above), or buying a set of 4x RAM sticks, if you want all your RAM slots populated on your MoBo.

Aug 20, 2022
You have mixed memory in there. And the fact that they did work fine, but won't after system has changed hardware wise (different GPU), isn't that unheard of.
Here's further reading regarding memory mixing: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...y-ram-and-xmp-profile-configurations.3398926/

Can you distinguish which of the RAM sticks are v 4.24 and which ones are v. 5.39? Since if you can, put the identical RAM sticks together and try out all slot combinations with two sticks. E.g take the two v 4.24 and start testing. Also, make sure to mark one of the sticks, so you know which is 1st and which is 2nd (e.g put a small post-it note on it):

DIMM 1 in 1st slot + DIMM 2 in 2nd slot - tests - yes/no for boot,
DIMM 1 in 1st slot + DIMM 2 in 3rd slot - tests - yes/no for boot,
DIMM 1 in 1st slot + DIMM 2 in 4th slot - tests - yes/no for boot,

DIMM 1 in 2nd slot + DIMM 2 in 1st slot - tests - yes/no for boot,
DIMM 1 in 2nd slot + DIMM 2 in 3rd slot - tests - yes/no for boot,
DIMM 1 in 2nd slot + DIMM 2 in 4th slot - tests - yes/no for boot,

DIMM 1 in 3rd slot + DIMM 2 in 1st slot - tests - yes/no for boot,
DIMM 1 in 3rd slot + DIMM 2 in 2nd slot - tests - yes/no for boot,
DIMM 1 in 3rd slot + DIMM 2 in 4th slot - tests - yes/no for boot,

DIMM 1 in 4th slot + DIMM 2 in 1st slot - tests - yes/no for boot,
DIMM 1 in 4th slot + DIMM 2 in 2nd slot - tests - yes/no for boot,
DIMM 1 in 4th slot + DIMM 2 in 3rd slot - tests - yes/no for boot.

And yes, i know that it's very tedios thing to do. But this is only way to confirm RAM issues with MoBo on hardware level.

And after you've tested v 4.24, take v 5.39 and do the same process all over again.
Now, what this process tells you, is finding out which combination (RAM stick placement in which slot), works and which doesn't.

--

You got lucky of mixing different versions of RAMs, but your luck has now ran out and what is left, is either the tedious testing (written above), or buying a set of 4x RAM sticks, if you want all your RAM slots populated on your MoBo.
Only DIMM 1 in 1st slot works others dont anymore none of them i trye to boot them i get the orange dram light on mother board so basicly its not cuz of the ram sticks iam thinking its somethink inside thats not allowing it or iam not to sure but i kinda gaved up i might just buy a set of 4 or maybe just 1 32gb ram stick so my pc runs cuz i need it to...
but yeah i will send it probably to a hardware store to get it checked it out before i buy new parts it will be cheaper to just make them test it with different cpu motherboards and stuff like that than to just buy parts and maybe it still doesnt work

Reactions: Aeacus