Question DRAM-led on motherboard

Jun 1, 2019
hi,

I just build a pc and when i turned it onit all worked and i was able to get in the BIOS. But the next day when i wanted to boot from my USB, the bios crashed. Since then i get a orange led on my motherboard by DRAM. I've bought already new RAM-sticks who were compitable with the motherboard because it was written in the QLV from the motherboard. But with the new RAM installed i still have a black screen and we still have the yellow led on the motherboard.

Does someone know how i can fix this?

Pc specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
Motherboard: ASUS Rog Strix x470 Gaming-F
RAM: G.Skill TridentZ Rgb 2x8GB 3200MHz
GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 Duke

The Orange light just means the board has power. It's always on and you haven't noticed it before.
Remove all RAM sticks and put 1 in, then turn it on, if it works let us know, if it doesn't put in 1 ram chip only and test each slot
If that still doesn't work, it's a lot more indepth
You may ehave to RESET the BIOS if you did anything like OC - before you can test the ram

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Tried reseating the RAM? Carefully take them out and put them back in the slots one by one in the slot specified in motherboard manual for single module operation.

Maybe one RAM module is faulty. Maybe they just need reseating. Have you moved the case after it worked before this issue appeared?

Jun 1, 2019
i've already reset de BIOS by connecting to pins on the motherboard. I have tried to start the system up with one RAM stick in the right DIMM-slot. But it still don't work :(

Latest posts