[SOLVED] DRAM LED on, Pc reboots when I move it.

Jul 10, 2021
Just started building a pc yesterday and have run into a couple issue:

My DRAM Q-LED is on - I have made sure they are in the right slots, tried it with one stick of RAM, and tried new RAM. Still nothing. I’ve tried taking the cpu out and blowing it off I’ve checked the pins and thermal paste all good.

PC reboots when I move it slightly in some ways and will boot everything back up except the graphics card, well at least not the rgb and fan in the graphics card but it has small LED that stays on next to the pci slot so it must be getting some power.

Solution
Could be a short to the case. If the case has conductive material, I would do a build without the case on a non-conductive material (like cardboard) on your desk. It also makes it a lot easier to troubleshoot.

As far as the memory, I would double check the motherboard QVL for the compatibility of the memory that you have. Also test with just a single stick and clear your CMOS.

RealBeast

Titan
Could be a short to the case. If the case has conductive material, I would do a build without the case on a non-conductive material (like cardboard) on your desk. It also makes it a lot easier to troubleshoot.

As far as the memory, I would double check the motherboard QVL for the compatibility of the memory that you have. Also test with just a single stick and clear your CMOS.

Solution