DRAM LED Solid Red no Post only with new Motherboard

Nov 6, 2018
Since I wanted to update my pc with a m2 memory and my old motherboard didn't have a slot for it I wanted to update my motherboard. Yesterday I did put all together but i didn't get it working in the end. The Dram LED was solid Red.

I also tired the memOK function on the motherboard. When pressing the button the whole system shut down instantly and started up new again. After flashing the DRAM LED for a short time it went back to soild red.

First thing i tested was to remove all parts again and redo do the process. Still Solid red DRAM LED.

What I did not try so far was a BIOS resett.

After that i thought i maybe did something wrong and placed all parts back into the old motherboard and it started up perfectly fine. Even did a Benchmark afterwards to check if everything is working on a higher load. Still everything was working just fine.

I guess there is nothing broken on my old parts since its working again like it did before with the old motherboard . But i just dont get it where the problem is with the new one and why the DRAM LED is solid red without a Post. Is there maybe an incompatibilitywith the RAM and the motherboard ? So far I didn't realy find any information of incompatibility of these both. My other tought was that maybe the Power Supply is to low but I've tried two different PSU Calculators and they all said that around 450W would be needed.

Anyone got any idea what i could do?

Here is a list of my parts:

New Motherboard: Asus Z170-E
Ram: G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-16GVK
CPU: i7 6700K
GPU: Palit 1080 GTX
CPU Cooling: ARCTIC Freezer i11
PSU: Be quiet! Pure Power CM BQT L8-CM-630W
1 HDD
1 SSD
1 M2 SSD

Old Motherboard : MSI B150M PRO-VDH

Nov 6, 2018
Thank you for you reply. I've already tested with 1 RAM in SLOT 1 and SLOT 2 with each of the two RAM Modules I have, but still only a solid red DRAM LED. Do I realy need to install the OS just to get a BIOS POST and see that everything is working? PSU is mai 2016.