Question DRAM LED stays lit and CPU LED flashes for one second during boot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2023
Hey guys so I was playing games on my pc recently then out of nowhere everything froze and I went to shutoff my pc then when I went to boot it back up a red light came from inside my case so I opened it and saw that the dram light was lighting up upon boot so I then I tried removing my ram and trying to figure out which ones were not working but even when both ram were out I the dram and cpu light would still light up on boot.

Another thing is on boot the cpu light flashes for like one second then the dram light stays lit. I have tried switching out the ram putting them in different places booting without ram I have tried resetting the csmos all things of those nature if there is any other solute irons that you guys can think of please let me know. Also forgot to say on boot there is no display and mouse and keyboard don’t work.

Misgar

Respectable
Mar 2, 2023
Until you can get something on the screen, you're stuck. If your CPU includes an integrated GPU, try connecting the monitor to the mobo rear panel video output, after unplugging your PCIe graphics card (assuming you have one). Resetting the BIOS can change the priority of internal/external GPUs.

If you can get into the BIOS, make sure that XMP memory overclocking is switched off. Fit one DIMM in A2 or B2 (on a 4-slot board) and keep your fingers crossed when you switch on.

Jan 7, 2024
Hey guys so I was playing games on my pc recently then out of nowhere everything froze and I went to shutoff my pc then when I went to boot it back up a red light came from inside my case so I opened it and saw that the dram light was lighting up upon boot so I then I tried removing my ram and trying to figure out which ones were not working but even when both ram were out I the dram and cpu light would still light up on boot.

Another thing is on boot the cpu light flashes for like one second then the dram light stays lit. I have tried switching out the ram putting them in different places booting without ram I have tried resetting the csmos all things of those nature if there is any other solute irons that you guys can think of please let me know. Also forgot to say on boot there is no display and mouse and keyboard don’t work.
Hi i have the same problem. Same things happened to me. I thought it was the motherboard changed it for new one still same problem. Bought new cpu same problem again

Status
Not open for further replies.