Question DRAM LED Z97 PRO GAMER

Ozikkk

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2013
Hi guys,
Some time ago I ran into an issue with my RAM. Never really diagnosed it and weren't bothered by it until today. Did a UserBenchmark and my RAM result was really low, actually here's the result: an average bench for my RAM is 56% whereas mine is 33%. Dual XMP is on however my RAM sticks are in B1 and B2 slots. The reason behind that is other combinations such as A2, B2 or A1, B1 DO NOT work at all, whenever I tried the DRAM led comes up on my motherboard and there is no response from the PC, it resets endlessly. I have Crucial BLS8G3D1609DS1S00, 16GB running at 1600mhz DDR3.

The tech in this PC is a bit outdated since it was built in 2015/16 but I've never had any problems so far.
Any ideas? If it helps I am running an overclock on my i7-4790k, 4.6ghz with a Cooler Master 212 Evo.

Don't use the userbenchmark site as a way to find out if you have issues.

If the RAM does not work in certain slots, those slots may just be bad. Have you tested the sticks one at a time? Does other RAM work in those slots? Try BIOS update on the motherboard? Try the slots without any overclocking?

Ozikkk

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2013
Don't use the userbenchmark site as a way to find out if you have issues.

If the RAM does not work in certain slots, those slots may just be bad. Have you tested the sticks one at a time? Does other RAM work in those slots? Try BIOS update on the motherboard? Try the slots without any overclocking?
So here are the findings so far.
The PC doesn't boot at all with one stick in A1. It tries to boot but turns off and starts again after a second, will keep on doing that until I manually switch it off.
Doesn't boot in A2 with the same stick, however it tries to boot for a couple of seconds with the DRAM led on. Still doesn't boot in the end.
Boots in B1.
Boots in B2.
The same results with the RAM stick #2.
The slots were tried without the CPU overclock.
I updated the BIOS but got the same result. I don't have any other DDR3 sticks to try.