Question dram light comes on at random times then cpu light stays lit ?

May 1, 2022
Hi, good day all,

Firstly, hope you are doing well, and thanks for taking the time to review my post. So I've had this pc currently since about December 2019 but due to some CPU complications, I had to put it on hold until recently I got back on track with it about two months ago. Below are the specifications of the PC build...

Specs:

Ryzen 5 2600 PRO
AMD Wraith Prism RGB CPU cooler
MSI B450M Gaming Plus
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(2x8) (3600mhz)
MSI Radeon RX570 MK2 Armour 8GB OC
Samsung 980/250GB (boot drive)
Samsung 870EVO/250GB
Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200RPM)
Evga White 550W PS
Musetex White 6fanRGB series: G05N6-WW case

Now I built it again with this new case and CPU and the 980ssd but same ram, psu, 870ssd,1Tbhdd, graphics card, since 2019. I completed the build on the 17th of March this year and the CPU along with everything else ran great. I had already updated the bios to the latest version before getting this new CPU, about a few weeks ago this problem started the pc would boot up, 3 beeps, and post with a final beep before windows then after a while the CPU led with come and the monitor would lost signal and fans and rgbs stay powered on. Now I searched up the beep code and it pointed to the dram not being seated/fitted correctly. After that, I noticed that my ram for some reason cannot run beyond 2133mhz when both sticks are in it can only run one at a time beyond that speed.

Although my mb supports up to 3400mhz it never works, the PC would just go through a few power cycles and then finally reboot. however, the speed never changes so I didn't bother anymore and left it default. So after a while the CPU led with come on and signal to monitor is gone, and I'd have to restart it and it just does it again. It began again last week hasent done this for the past 3/4 days which is so weird like idk what changed. When I game I get really good temps (GPU48-65max C) (CPU 38-50max C (I usually have my ac on and the room is normally a good temp) so now it does it when PC is idle like when I was writing this post it cut out threw half of this so had to finish on my phone lol.

Things I have attempted so far..

Reseating ram (making sure they are tucked in tightly cause made this silly mistake before)

Reseating CPU (changed thermals)

Updated bios to latest 2022/beta version

Unplugged ssds, hdds

I don't know if anyone else have had this issue but it's very annoying.

Thanks again for taking the time to review this any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Due to the processor IMC, the highest you could possibly go would be DDR4-3200MHz. I would try and clear the CMOS, by disconnecting from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery. Replace with a fresh cell and then try flashing the BIOS. People come around here stating "latest" version but what we need to know in reality is what version so we can confidently say, you're good on that front.

If you're on - AMD ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.5 ,7B87v1F5(Beta version), might want to downgrade to the one below it. 1.2.0.5 is what caused a lot of systems to go unstable.

Reactions: Tech_radiation
May 1, 2022
Hey Lutfij,

Thanks so much for your reply! I do apologize for my post not being detailed as I could've been. I will give this a go because I haven't changed the CMOS battery since I had this PC in 2019. As you stated, the current bios version I am on is 7B87v1F5(Beta version) 2022-01-26 which is what I initially upgraded to when I got the new CPU. I see that the version under this would be 7B87v1C 2020-06-16, so I will attempt to re-flash the bios and pick up a new CMOS battery same time when heading home later and give an update.

Also, just a quick run threw of what happened in my endeavors yesterday...

So I got down the CPU, ended up reseating it again along with the CPU cooler as well, Tried both sticks in both slots, etc, now it's posting and quickly going to CPU debug led after maybe being in bios for about a min or loading into windows after the same 3 beeps of course. and this was after reflashing again with the same 2022(7b87v1f5) version.

Last edited:
May 1, 2022
Hi so update...

When I first tried, it flashed but was still getting the same issue only this time if I left one stick in the mobo would not beep and the CPU light would be lit up for a few seconds go off and the pc would just run no post.

So I tried flashing again to another version now I'm having some issues getting the bios to flash. When I go threw the normal flashback+ process and plug in the USB etc the flashback light blinks 3 times and then it just stays lit, I tried flashing the mobo at least 3 to 4 times last night, and the only connectors I have in are the 24Pin Connector and 8Pin CPU as stated in manual. It's flashed before but I don't know why it's not working now...

Versions I tried...

7B87v1C
7B87v1B
7B87v1A