Question dram light flashing, ram not faulty

Jun 26, 2023
hey guys, i have just built a new pc and the dram light won’t stop flashing. when powered on the fans and LEDs work, but there is no display on the monitor and the usb slots don’t work. the ram definitely works as we have tested it in another pc. we tested the ram in both slots separately and with 2 different ram sticks but nothing worked. we have tried clearing the cmos but it didn’t work. can anyone help?

mobo: ASUS Prime H610M-K D4
ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16gb DDR4
cpu: Intel Core13th Gen i5-13400F
psu: Cooler Master MWE 600 White 230V

Jun 26, 2023
Are you using an HDMI cable or a DP cable to connect your monitor, and do you have the cable connected to the graphics card?

Jun 26, 2023
Is the memory installed in place, I once caused a black screen because the memory was not inserted tightly.

It is recommended to reinstall the memory or remove one of them and try booting again.

Jun 26, 2023
i have tested both slots on the motherboard separately using each stick one at a time, and tested using two different sets that are definitely working. do you think it could be the psu that is faulty?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
i have tested both slots on the motherboard separately using each stick one at a time, and tested using two different sets that are definitely working. do you think it could be the psu that is faulty?
That board needs BIOS version 1620 to work with that processor.

You could also check the board for bent CPU pins but I would say BIOS.

TRENDING THREADS