Question DRAM light is blinking, tried everything. Help?

Nov 6, 2020
Hello, I recently built my PC back in June.
It worked great up until now. Couple of days ago I was playing my games and shut it down once I was done. Next day I tried to boot it up and the fans went on and the light on my gpu and motherboard were on but no display, mouse, or keyboard connection. The motherboard I had during this incident did not have a QLED lights to notify me what was wrong. Specs at the time are as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS Prime X570-P Ryzen 3 AM4 with PCIe Gen4, Dual M.2 HDMI, SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.2 Gen 2 ATX

RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (x2)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core, 12-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5600 XT DirectX 12 11296-01-20G 6GB 192-Bit GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 ATX Video Card

PSU: CORSAIR - CX-M Series 650W ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V 2.92 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply

Display: ASUS VG245H Black 24" 1ms (GTG) Widescreen

After this happened, I looked around and saw that a faulty motherboard could be an issue so I bought a new one and installed it a few days later. This one came with the QLED lights and that's when I saw that it was a DRAM error. The new motherboard is ASUS AM4 TUF GAMING X570-Plus ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB Lighting.

So I looked online how to solve this error, this is where I am lost. I did all the RAM solutions, removed them and tried one by one, bought new RAM, checked for dirt or damages, nothing. Other threads suggest PSU so I did that as well, bought a new one and nothing. I know my CPU is okay, none of the pins are bent or broken. I took out all the cables and connection and nothing out of the ordinary. Tried booting without HDD or SSD and nothing. I also tried to rest the CMOS both with the two pins and removing the motherboard battery. I am truly lost at what to do now other than my gpu. I am going to a friend's to see if it's a gpu issue by testing an older gpu on my pc. But for now that DRAM light stays on and blinking whenever I turn on my pc.
If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know. I'd truly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020
Was the computer unplugged when you cleared the CMOS?
When you tried booting with 1 stick of RAM, was it located in slot DIMM_A2?
Have you tried booting with no drives connected to see if you can get into the BIOS?
Yes the computer was unplugged when I cleared it. I did the RAM stick one at a time in both A2 and B2. And yes I have tried to boot with no drives. Still the same outcome. I'm just really confused about the whole thing.