Question DRAM light is orange on new ASUS x570 wifi with new Ryzen 7 5800x

Jan 22, 2021
Specs now
Ryzen 7 5800x
Asus x570 wifi
2x8 3200
Did have a ryzen 5 2600 and used it to flash update my mobo to the latest version to be compatible w 5000 series.
Then I installed my new cpu and pc turns on but no display with orange light on DRAM.
Have tried reseating the sticks and even putting them in one at a time.
Then put in old cpu to try a different bios update to see if maybe the latest one was bugged.
Can’t figure out what to do now, ram works fine with other Cpu and updating bios doesn’t seem to help.

RealBeast

Titan
Specs now
Ryzen 7 5800x
Asus x570 wifi
2x8 3200
Did have a ryzen 5 2600 and used it to flash update my mobo to the latest version to be compatible w 5000 series.
Then I installed my new cpu and pc turns on but no display with orange light on DRAM.
Then put in old cpu to try a different bios update to see if maybe the latest one was bugged.
Can’t figure out what to do now, ram works fine with other Cpu and updating bios doesn’t seem to help.
We need the full model number of the memory sticks, 2x8 3200 gives us no information. Thanks.

Jan 22, 2021
Specs now
Ryzen 7 5800x
Asus x570 wifi
2x8 3200
Have now tried a different set of ram sticks and the yellow DRAM light is still on, any help is appreciated and thank you in advance

Feb 1, 2022
Hi! I am kinda late to the party, but maybe you fixed the problem and can share how? Having the same issue.
ASUS b550-a rog strix
Ryzen 7 5800x
2x8 gb XPG DDR4 D50 RGB ram
Vetroo v5 cooler
GTX 970 gigabyte windforce.
Corsair RMX White Series (2018), RM850x

1)I am turning on the build (via shorting) but nothing comes to screen. Yellow light (DRAM) is blinking every 2 seconds. Motherboard makes sound as if it is going to turn down for a second then resumes. I am not sure what that is. Maybe it is in some kind of a loop? CPU and GPU fans are working, ram sticks' RGB lights are on.
2)Tried different the PSU and ram.
3)Updated BIOS via flashback, still no luck. USB flash is formatted in FAT32 as one partition. No other files on USB.
4)Screen cable is connected to GPU not mobo.
5)GPU works fine on other build.
6)Tried using only one stick of ram on different slots. No difference. The same problem persist.

Specs now
Ryzen 7 5800x
Asus x570 wifi
2x8 3200
Reset CMOS after a BIOS update, after a CPU change and/or after memory change. Do it with both pulling the CMOS battery and shorting the pins for a minute or so.

Resetting CMOS returns all settings to defaults which forces the CPU IMC to re-train memory.