Question DRAM light on and system not shutting down completely ?

letteralex

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Hi guys,

I recently upgraded my PC to an MSI B550 gaming plus and Ryzen 5 5600X and i got a few problems.

1. DRAM light is on constantly and i have no idea why. I'm running 2x16 Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz c15 (ram is from my previous setup, same with rtx 2070 and Aurum 700w psu), installed in A2 and B2 slots as instructed in motherboard manual, tried also swapping slots and using a single stick. All the configurations seem to post and the motherboard recognized the ram no problem. During 24h usage i haven't had any problems. Tried turning on A-XMP profile which sets the freq from 2133 (seems to be set by default) to 3000mhz. Tried also clearing CMOS via jumper cap.

2. Could be related to problem 1, but when i shut off the system the lights (mobo and gpu) and fans (case and cpu) stay on while everything else shuts down. I thought some components may be hot or something so it takes a while before it shuts down but i tried waiting 10 min without any change. Tried downloading chipset drivers, but haven't tried updating BIOS yet (leaving that for last if nothing else helps). Tried checking if windows power plan or bios had some "wake up" settings but couldnt find anything special that was enabled.
Edit: The system doesn't even want to restart it seems

3. Cant seem to get CPU temperature sensor data (can be causing problem 2?) on any of the programs ive tried (open hardware monitor,speccy or AMD system monitor).

Otherwise the setup seems to be working without any hiccups or crashes, getting those sweet frames on cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:

letteralex

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Ok so simple Bios update fixed the dram light and the unable to shut down issue (Issue 1 & 2). Didnt think that would be the case since i only had 3 month old bios update and the patch notes didnt state anything about ram or similar. Still not able to see CPU sensor data anywhere except in BIOS though (tried Openhardwaremonitor, Speccy and Speedfan)...