[SOLVED] DRAM light on motherboard? got into the BIOS once, but otherwise it won't boot.

Jan 6, 2022
I've had this PC for about a year and it worked fine. I opened it to tidy up cables and install a HDD. In my ITX case, installing that HDD required temporarily removing my modular PSU. I didn't touch the ram at all.
First boot: the VGA light lit up. I realized I forgot to reattach my GPU to the PSU, so I did a hard shutdown and plugged it in.
Second boot: the screen said something along the lines of "hardware change detected, press F1 for setup or press f2 to use default settings." I pressed F1 and was sent to the BIOS. I double checked that the HDD was detected and that XMP was still enabled. I clicked "Save and Exit" and was alerted that I had made no changes. I clicked ok.
After that and on all future boots: The fans spin and the RGB lights up (even on the ram sticks), but I get no image on the screen. EZ Debug light for DRAM is lit. I tried attaching a buzzer to the motherboard but I got no beeps.
When I test booting with no sticks installed, I get 3 beeps.
I've tried clearing the CMOS and reflashing the BIOS, but neither made any change to the PC's behavior. I also tried each stick one at a time in the DIMMA2 and DIMMB2 slots. Is there anything else I should try?
Parts list:
  • Msi b550m pro-vdh wifi
  • Oloy Warhawk ram
  • Ryzen 3700x
  • Rtx 3060ti fe
  • Evga 550w SFX PSU
  • Sama im01 case
Thanks a ton!

Solution
I've had this PC for about a year and it worked fine. I opened it to tidy up cables and install a HDD. In my ITX case, installing that HDD required temporarily removing my modular PSU. I didn't touch the ram at all.
First boot: the VGA light lit up. I realized I forgot to reattach my GPU to the PSU, so I did a hard shutdown and plugged it in.
Second boot: the screen said something along the lines of "hardware change detected, press F1 for setup or press f2 to use default settings." I pressed F1 and was sent to the BIOS. I double checked that the HDD was detected and that XMP was still enabled. I clicked "Save and Exit" and was alerted that I had made no changes. I clicked ok.
After that and on all future boots: The fans spin...
After that and on all future boots: The fans spin and the RGB lights up (even on the ram sticks), but I get no image on the screen. EZ Debug light for DRAM is lit. I tried attaching a buzzer to the motherboard but I got no beeps.
When I test booting with no sticks installed, I get 3 beeps.
I've tried clearing the CMOS and reflashing the BIOS, but neither made any change to the PC's behavior. I also tried each stick one at a time in the DIMMA2 and DIMMB2 slots. Is there anything else I should try?
Parts list:
  • Msi b550m pro-vdh wifi
  • Oloy Warhawk ram
  • Ryzen 3700x
  • Rtx 3060ti fe
  • Evga 550w SFX PSU
  • Sama im01 case
Thanks a ton!
Unplug all disk...power and data.
Reseat all psu cables....both ends.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS