Question Dram light on, No display, No keyboard power??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2021
Please help!! I just built my first gaming pc and I can’t figure out what I did wrong. I’m using an Asus x570e motherboard. If I push the power button everything that has RGB lights up so it’s getting power. The yellow dram light comes on and I get no display and the keyboard doesn’t work. I’ve tested the keyboard separately and it works. I’ve tested the USB ports separately and they work. The Qled code is “od” although I can’t seem to figure out what that means. I looked through other forums and saw that most recommendations were to check the 24 and 8 pin connectors and I did. I tried different ram sticks and I tried them in every position as a single, a pair, and a quad set and yet it still has the same issue. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Here’s the specs if that helps:
Mobo: Asus X570e Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 360 ARGB
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 (4x8GB)
GPU: MSI 3090 DirectX 12 Gaming X Trio
Storage:
WD Black SN850 NVMe M.2 2280 500GB PCIe4
WD Black SN850 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB PCIe4
WD Black 2TB HDD
PSU: Corsair RM850x 850w 80 Plus Gold
Case: Thermaltake Level 20 GT ARGB

Jan 7, 2021
Please help!! I just built my first gaming pc and I can’t figure out what I did wrong. I’m using an Asus x570e motherboard. If I push the power button everything that has RGB lights up so it’s getting power. The yellow dram light comes on and I get no display and the keyboard doesn’t work. I’ve tested the keyboard separately and it works. I’ve tested the USB ports separately and they work. The Qled code is “od” although I can’t seem to figure out what that means. I looked through other forums and saw that most recommendations were to check the 24 and 8 pin connectors and I did. I tried different ram sticks and I tried them in every position as a single, a pair, and a quad set and yet it still has the same issue. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Here’s the specs if that helps:
Mobo: Asus X570e Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 360 ARGB
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 (4x8GB)
GPU: MSI 3090 DirectX 12 Gaming X Trio
Storage:
WD Black SN850 NVMe M.2 2280 500GB PCIe4
WD Black SN850 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB PCIe4
WD Black 2TB HDD
PSU: Corsair RM850x 850w 80 Plus Gold
Case: Thermaltake Level 20 GT ARGB

Jan 7, 2021
Most likely the BIOS has not been updated to support the 5000 series cpu. Does that board have a Flash Back option? If not you'll need a loaner cpu or take it to a shop to have them do it.
It does have a flash back option but I’ve pushed it and nothing happens. I ended up taking it to a local repair shop. Hopefully they’ll figure it out.

Jun 26, 2021
It does have a flash back option but I’ve pushed it and nothing happens. I ended up taking it to a local repair shop. Hopefully they’ll figure it out.

Hey, were you able to figure out and fix the problem? I have the same problem and it's driving me crazy!

Hope you can reply back before a mod locks this thread and advices me to start my own thread (which I will, eventually).

DSzymborski

Titan
We do that for a reason. This is a very general symptom and it's inappropriate troubleshooting to just assume a similar symptom leads results in a similar diagnosis. In fact, quite often, that can make the problem worse.

So start a new thread with your complete specs and a full description of your issue and the history of the issue/attempts to resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.