[SOLVED] DRAM LIGHT on X570

Sep 17, 2020
here is my build(excluding ssd): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TgK727

i had everything running on first start up: was checking temps then decided to turn the fans up. just to mention... then come yesterday i get a dram light turn on, and with that the computer will run for a few minutes then just restart... i went ahead and changed the ram slots to 1,3 instead of 2,4, and it continues to do it. i’m not sure if it had to do with the fan settings i may have changed or not, but i also do not see a “MEMok” button on here either... any ideas? i’ve read a few articles about a similar issue but they fixed it simply by changing the PSU. i just want to make sure there’s nothing i can do before i go to replace that.

link to pictures(idk how to upload them here) : View: https://imgur.com/gallery/4RYQVtX

Solution
a-XMP was disabled. should i try it enabled?

Well, when it's disabled your memory will run at only 2133/2400 MHz... enabling it will get you to the advertised 3200 MHz memory speed.

I asked you to disable it(if it was enabled) as that maybe a cause of instability... but if you had it disabled you might aswell try to leverage the performance left on the table.

You can try enabling it and check the stability of the system.

Also, on what fans did you increase the RPM?

EDIT: those ezdebug lights in your video are normal... as the computer POSTS the components are checked. If the light remains stuck on something, then you have a problem.
Sep 17, 2020
Do you have XMP enabled?
If yes, try disabling it. Also try each memory module individually(1 by 1).
will try now, i did not try each ram stick one by one yet... i will try. i went ahead and changed my fan speed back to normal and its not acting up.. yet.. not sure if the fans were messing with the power distribution or something? however i will try disabaling xmp

a-XMP was disabled. should i try it enabled?

Well, when it's disabled your memory will run at only 2133/2400 MHz... enabling it will get you to the advertised 3200 MHz memory speed.

I asked you to disable it(if it was enabled) as that maybe a cause of instability... but if you had it disabled you might aswell try to leverage the performance left on the table.

You can try enabling it and check the stability of the system.

Also, on what fans did you increase the RPM?

EDIT: those ezdebug lights in your video are normal... as the computer POSTS the components are checked. If the light remains stuck on something, then you have a problem.

Reactions: Comit
Solution