[SOLVED] DRAM light solid red

steffan_4

Reputable
Aug 9, 2016
Hello, this is a BRAND NEW mpg 2390 gaming msi motherboard which is showing a red DRAM light. The RAM is all good and I thought I wired everything correctly. Any help?

Solution
only supports 8th and 9th gen cpus take it back

i have that same board

from MSI website:
Supports 9th / 8th Gen Intel® Core™ / Pentium® Gold / Celeron® processors for LGA 1151 socket

steffan_4

Reputable
Aug 9, 2016
full system spec?
and how do you know the ram is all good?
The RAM works in my other computer.
Corsair CX 550M
GeForce GTX 1070
I5 6600k
Rip jaws G.SKILL DDR4

Right now after putting the RAM in slot 3 the MOBO is showing DRAM light for a few seconds and then flashing the CPU light and turning off. When the RAM is in slot 2 this doesn’t occur.

steffan_4

Reputable
Aug 9, 2016
https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7B51v11.pdf

If you have 1 stick of RAM you have to put it in the second slot from the CPU. (DIMMA2)

If you have 2 sticks it has to be in DIMMA2 and DIMMB2.

You using 1 stick of RAM or 2?
For the purpose of testing I’m using one stick of ram and it is in the right slot. I’ve tried multiple sticks with no luck. I’m thinking there might be a defect considering this is a brand new MOBO.

For the purpose of testing I’m using one stick of ram and it is in the right slot. I’ve tried multiple sticks with no luck. I’m thinking there might be a defect considering this is a brand new MOBO.

Use 1 stick and go in the BIOS and tell me your BIOS version. Maybe there is a BIOS update that would have "Memory compatibility improved" or something.

Or like you said could be the B2 not working.