DRAM Manufaturers

G

Hello and Greetz to all at first.

Who produces the best DRAMs?

I for myself have a good oppinion about micron tech. But have never had the chance to get my hands on one of this DRAMs. Is ECC usefull in private use or is it only wasted money?
Plz, tell me your oppinion and experiences with DRAMs from other producers.

Some interesting news about DDR SDRAM?

All usefull info is welcome.

Thx, Leywalker

G

I'm using Apacer (Acer) memory, and is very satisfied. I belive ECC for personal use is a waste of money, I'd rather buy 2 sticks without ECC than 1 with for the same price.

G

Best DRAM chip: depends on the purpose. Fastest are Micron Technology (MT). But I often see Samsung (SEC) or Infineon (formerly Siemens).
Best DIMM module is another thing. I favour Corsair (but maybe that's because that is what we sell :) and I've heard good stories about Mushkin. Crucial (Micron's own DIMM brand) and Memory Man should be fine too.
Avoid nameless stuff, or even any DIMM that does not carry a marking PC1xx-xxx-xxxx on the outside - they don't adhere to PC100 or PC133 standard if there's no speed marking on it. Favour modules that have three 2's in the second part (e.g. PC100-222 or PC133U-222) because they're the fast CAS2 modules.

"I'm a stream of noughts and crosses in your R.A.M."

G

I'm currently using Crucial and my other computers have Micron(OEM). I personally favor Micron due to its cheap price and high quality. I've heard good reports about Corsair from my friends. I've also seen good reviews about Infineon and Mushkin.