[SOLVED] DRam, no keyboard and mouse power after changing Motherboard

juliof1

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2016
Hi!

I had an MSI b450-a pro, 8gb ram hyperx fury 3200 (2x4), Zotac gtx 2060 and Seasonic Focus 80 Plus gold 550W. The PC was smooth and fast, i was very happy. I had 1 ssd and 2 Hdd also.

I had an issue installing new Leds, cheaps ones, and i tried to fix it with the pc power on: the system rebooted 3 times, and the all turned on but keyboard, mouse and nothing on monitor, not Bios. A big mistake. :(

And Dram led light on. Tried to change Ram Sticks in every slot and combination (with my Pc off, of course, after every test). Nothing worked. No Bios, all old lights and fans running, but nothing else. A Dead PC.

I had a guarantee so i changed the Mobo and bought new ram and a M.2 nvme 500gb Crucial:

Asus b450-f
Corsair Vengeance 3200 2x8 gb.

As far as i know, this ram is compatible with Mobo, like the hyperx fury i still have.

Mounted all with the new mobo and ram (same PSU, same GPU)... Does not detected broken or damaged pins in the CPU, as far as i saw while removing the old thermal paste...

and AGAIN Dram led is on, no monitor signal, and mouse and keyboard has no power. No Bios, nothing.

I changed the RTX 2060 for my old gtx 1050, wich i use in another old PC, and same issue. Tried to change the new Ram into slots, only 1, 2,etc... and even the hyperx... my first combination was the manual recommendation for Dual Channel. Nothing.

So... is it the CPU or the PSU? Or i’m missing something?

Do i need to buy new one CPU and PSU? I‘m very desperated with this ‘cause i don’t understand what’s happening... :(

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Solution
Put the RAM in Slots A2 and B2 then do this:
Clear CMOS using these steps:
Unplug the PC (PSU).
Then press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds.
Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR CMOS (CLRTC) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
CLRTC jumper location can be seen on page 1-2 here:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ING/E14401_ROG_STRIX_B450-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf
Plug the PC back in.
Press the Power Button to turn the PC on.
Repeatedly tap the DEL key
A screen should come up telling you to press the F1 key, do that.
Set the Optimized Default settings and Press OK (this is on the EXIT tab)
Save and exit the BIOS.
Tap the DEL key again to enter...

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Unplug the PC (PSU).
Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR CMOS (CLRTC) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ING/E14401_ROG_STRIX_B450-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf
Plug the PC back in.
Save and exit the BIOS.
Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.

I have that same Asus B450-F MB and CPU but different RAM (G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)
and I have had to Clear the CMOS like this multiple times when I was OCing my CPU and RAM.
You might have to do it a few times before it works.

And Corsair RAM kits tend to NOT run at their full rated speeds on Ryzen systems so you might end up having to run that RAM at 2933 or 2866 or even 2666.

Last edited:
Reactions: juliof1
Solution

juliof1

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2016
Unplug the PC (PSU).
Plug the PC back in.
Save and exit the BIOS.
Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.

I have that same Asus B450-F MB and CPU but different RAM (G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)
and I have had to Clear the CMOS like this multiple times when I was OCing my CPU and RAM.
You might have to do it a few times before it works.

And Corsair RAM kits tend to NOT run at their full rated speeds on Ryzen systems so you might end up having to run that RAM at 2933 or 2866 or even 2666.
Thanks for your help, i appreciate it, but it did not work.

I tried 4 times. Nothing. And no power to the keyboard, so i can‘t go into BIOS. I’ll keep tryingl but it seems maybe it’s not the solution. Maybe it worked in a PC which usually runs, and you fix the overclocking, bug this mobo is new and then BIOS is the standard. I saw A LOT searching with this issue in this mobo...

I’ve a 2600 so technically the mobo can run this CPU with no BIOS update.

Maybe it could be a BIOS issue?

I tested the PSU in my old PC and it works fine, so... maybe a damaged CPU or a wrong BIOS version could be the problem?

if i cant have power to my keyboard and no Monitor signal i can’t do nothing to solve it. I Doubt with a new mobo that the RAM slots are damaged.

Do you know what else i can do? Thank you very much! :)