[SOLVED] Dram red light, even without ram

Jun 28, 2020
I recently bought some new pc parts and set everything up in my case. When I turn my pc on the fans start spinning but nothing happens on screen and a red light (dram) appears. If i try to shut my pc off with the on/off button ,the cpu red light comes on for 2 seconds and then disappears.

I tried to start without any ram and the same leds still appear. I also tried only 1 stick in every slot and still the same result. I saw some topics about an uncompatible BIOS with the processor but the specs of the mobo say that it is compatible.

I really hope somebody has some advice for me.

my specs are

Processor :Amd Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo: Gigabyte b450 aorus elite
Memory: Corsair ddr4 vengeance lpx 2×8 3200 c16
Graphics card: Gigabyte geforce rtx 2060 d6 6g
Psu: cooler master G750m

Solution
I recently bought some new pc parts and set everything up in my case. When I turn my pc on the fans start spinning but nothing happens on screen and a red light (dram) appears. If i try to shut my pc off with the on/off button ,the cpu red light comes on for 2 seconds and then disappears.

I tried to start without any ram and the same leds still appear. I also tried only 1 stick in every slot and still the same result. I saw some topics about an uncompatible BIOS with the processor but the specs of the mobo say that it is compatible.

my specs are

Graphics card: Gigabyte geforce...

Bassplate

Reputable

my specs are

Graphics card: Gigabyte geforce rtx 2060 d6 6g
Psu: cooler master G750m
Gigabyte b450 aorus elite=
Compatible Processors
Ryzen (supports 1st and 2nd series Generation Ryzen / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics)
Amd Ryzen 5 3600=
Series
AMD Ryzen 5 series
I'm not quite sure if your motherboard supports this series of AMD :unsure:
Try to boot with only one RAM stick and see if your system will POST and boot.

Solution