Question DRAM Voltage and Overclocking RAM (XMP)

May 14, 2019
I got a 1x8 GB Single-Channel Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram with 1600 MHz, not much i know... I have currently set my MHz on my motherboard to 2600 MHz, which results in 1299 MHz according to Speccy. I have also set my DRAM voltage to 1.700v since the auto was set at 1.500v. Is this too much voltage for that amount of MHz, or should this be just fine? I benchmarked in Fortnite, and i can see a clear difference with my FPS. Just curious as to if this could damage my computer on the short or long run. I also tried 2400 MHz with 1.500v, which resulted in Fortnite crashing on startup, FYI. Since then, i have experienced 2 crashes within 40 minutes, i figured that something must be wrong. I hope someone knows more than me about this and is able to help me, thanks in advance.

fahad9t

BANNED
May 12, 2019
Play with any voltages but Never play with Ram Volt i have lost few ram souls too
it will burn ur chip instead of oc on freq try to set lower ram timing
that should give u some good response

Reactions: XectreR

fahad9t

BANNED
May 12, 2019
ram timings are in 4 diff options for eg mine is 8 8 8 24
the lower the number the better speed but when u mess with ramtiming so low that it can run u might need to reset bios to boot up again
so do that and u see that the first 3 numbers decide 4th setting meaning 8+8+8=24 you can try to +1/-1 for the 4rth option
and if u have more ram slots get ram with devides by the number of the slots for EG(my desired gb is 16gb and my mobo had 2 slots so i wont get 1 16 gb stick
i will get 4x2 sticks that eases the load put on ur ram when u use it

and dont put 4x2 ram with the 8 gb ram alredy attached remove the 8 gb ram otherwise all ram will fight with each other if you know what i mean

fahad9t

BANNED
May 12, 2019
So my only solution is to buy 3 more sticks? I bought a 1600 MHz 1x8 but it’s locked to 799 MHz unless i overclock The DRAM voltage and The XMP
Double Data Rate (ddr)
its not only 799 it shows the half of what ur rams freq is on the sticker of the ram
See I Wrote Double so it is actualy 1600 mhz but its showing u its half

May 14, 2019
Double Data Rate (ddr)
its not only 799 it shows the half of what ur rams freq is on the sticker of the ram
See I Wrote Double so it is actualy 1600 mhz but its showing u its half
So, my RAM is already using 1600 MHz, but what i an doing is exceeding its recommended limit by overclocking?

With an i7-4790K processor the memory controller resides on the CPU. Intel warns against using more than 1.575V for the memory voltage because excess voltage may burn out the memory controller.

Overclocking the RAM results in minuscule performance gains.

May 14, 2019
With an i7-4790K processor the memory controller resides on the CPU. Intel warns against using more than 1.575V for the memory voltage because excess voltage may burn out the memory controller.

Overclocking the RAM results in minuscule performance gains.
Alrighty, i am not to fond of burning down my PC, so i'll just have to keep it the way it is. I guess the only thing to do is to wait till i want to buy a new one. This one is 5 years old btw... :)

fahad9t

BANNED
May 12, 2019
Okay, but what Can i so atm to make my pc perform better?
CCleaner
Defrag
cleanup
error checking for drive
powe plan to high profomance
right click this pc go properties
advance system setting
go to profomance setting
and set it to adjust for best profamance apply
do all this and reboot
if you want advanced tips to get rid of windows un neccesry junk like one drive possibly anything but watch waht u doing
i have few scripts to strip out windows 10s bloatware

Add 2 or 3 Extra Fans in case or if u using a laptop use a laptop cooler

May 14, 2019
CCleaner
Defrag
cleanup
error checking for drive
powe plan to high profomance
right click this pc go properties
advance system setting
go to profomance setting
and set it to adjust for best profamance apply
do all this and reboot
if you want advanced tips to get rid of windows un neccesry junk like one drive possibly anything but watch waht u doing
i have few scripts to strip out windows 10s bloatware

Add 2 or 3 Extra Fans in case or if u using a laptop use a laptop cooler
Thank you so much, i already got all of this. Anyways, thanks again for the help, you've been really helpful. :)