[SOLVED] DRAM yellow light

Nov 9, 2020
Hi,
I am building my new system with a Asus Prime x570-Pro and a Ryzen 5600x, but I can't get it to POST. I get a yellow light on the motherboard that indicate problem with dram.
I tried with known working ram and with only one stick at a time, but still no post.

There is two things I can't think of.
1- motherboard bios is too old ( as it's new board and CPU just came out ), but that I have no way of verifying it... ( I don't know what would be the behavior in that case? )
2- the board has a 4 pins and a 8 pins connector for the CPU. My PSU on the other hand (evga 650 GS) only has 2x 4pins connectors, so I connected both into the 8pins connector on the motherboard. Manual says you can do that or connect both 4 pins and 8 pins, but I am wondering if this could still be an issue?

What do you guys think?
Thanks!

Reactions: RJGray
Solution
Turns out it was the BIOS, I got it updated at a local computer shop and it booted after that.
There is a bar code with numbers on the board, last 4 digits is the bios version it comes with. You need at least 2203 to boot ryzen zen 3, I had 1404.
Nov 9, 2020
Turns out it was the BIOS, I got it updated at a local computer shop and it booted after that.
There is a bar code with numbers on the board, last 4 digits is the bios version it comes with. You need at least 2203 to boot ryzen zen 3, I had 1404.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS