[SOLVED] DRAM_LED continuously RED - weird behaviours

Aug 17, 2020
I've been stuck for a day on the infamous POWER SAVING MODE screen everytime i boot my pc up.

I am currently attempting to turn it on with:

NO USBS connected whatsoever
NO HARD DISKS - INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL
a SINGLE ram stick that sits on the second out of 4th spot on the right from the cpu
GPU connected to the screen- at least, i hope? i've reseated it so many times to remove the CMOS battery, jumper cap here and there, turn the pc on without battery, without power, i have no ide what to do

I've just noticed that at this moment, the pc is "on"
monitor went into power saving mode
but i notice a red light on the top right - near the most right available ram stick spot.

if anyone knows what this could possibly mean and how this could be fixed please let me know. my hands hurt from attempting just about every combination of cmos, ram sticks and jumper cap

for all i know, the red light could've been there all the time.

my main objective is to at LEAST get to the bios.
then ramstick combination my way into getting as much usable ram as i can

update:
tried all 4 ram sticks each by each on the LEFTMOST BLUE SPOT ON THE RIGHT OF THE CPU - everytime the red was always red,
pressed memok and all had same behavior - blink blink blink blink, turn off, blink blink blink blink, faster blinkblinkblinkblink, then stays red again

currently trying the RIGHTMOST BLUE SPOT ON THE LEFT of the cpu [motherboard is p9x79]
first ram - red light, i pressed memok, blink blink restart, blink blink blink restart, blink blink blink blink restart, faster blinks, more restarts
second ram - WITHOUT PRESSING MEMOK - CPU_LED goes red for a millisecond, followed by DRAM_LED red, on for 3 seconds, then it goes out, then cpu_led goes red for a millisecond, then dram_led red for 3 seconds and on and on
i pressed memok but it seems to have unsynced the two red leds, that's about it, no restarts whatsoever

Solution
psu corsair cx750
ram sticks: two kingston 8 gb KHX16C10B1RK2 [hope that can be helpful no idea]
and the new ones i had used all this time were four 4 gb sticks from corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9
motherboard p9x79 asus
gpu: gtx 770 2gb
cpu: i... i cant find it... i just see a giant intel fan with a few things written on it, ill give you the top in case it helps you narrow down to a cpu generation or something: E94315 001
hope thats not too much of a dealbreaker.. if its necessary to know the model then ill find it somehow but for now i'm willing to listen to any tips to fix this that arent too dependent on the exact cpu model​
thanks for the reply​
For testing your RAM sticks use the order of placement...
Aug 17, 2020
tried old 8 gb stick - constant red light, i tap memok, it restarted about five times - i didnt notice before but i heard disk sounds? is it trying to read the CD inside? there's no hard disk connected. is that a good thing?

Aug 17, 2020
tried a few combinations

TRIED ALL 4 RAM STICKS ON THE BLACK ram spots
i tried turning it on
turned on for just a millisecond and then turned off
removed them from ALL black spots
put 4 ram sticks on ALL blue ram spots
same behavior.

Aug 17, 2020
turned it off
removed all ram sticks
removed gpu to reach battery
removed battery
moved the jumper cap to different position for 15 seconds
put it back in original position
put the battery back
put the gpu back
put all 4 ram sticks randomly ALL IN THE BLUE SPOTS
turned it on
power led turns on, fans start spinning
dram_led is NO MORE red!
but power goes into POWER SAVING MODE REGARDLESS
i press memok, cpu_led and dram_led blink a few times, they restart, and they're now blinking on and off again [just because i pressed memok i assume]

kinda lost rn

Aug 17, 2020
currently trying my two OLD 8 GB STICKS
trying them on the two blue spots nearest to the CPU
FULL RED LIGHT, I PRESS MEMOK, BLINK REBOOT BLINK REBOOT
rebooted 5 times, now a constant red light again.

Aug 17, 2020
psu corsair cx750
and the new ones i had used all this time were four 4 gb sticks from corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9
motherboard p9x79 asus
cpu: i... i cant find it... i just see a giant intel fan with a few things written on it, ill give you the top in case it helps you narrow down to a cpu generation or something: E94315 001
hope thats not too much of a dealbreaker.. if its necessary to know the model then ill find it somehow but for now i'm willing to listen to any tips to fix this that arent too dependent on the exact cpu model​
thanks for the reply​

psu corsair cx750
motherboard p9x79 asus
thanks for the reply​
For testing your RAM sticks use the order of placement described page 2-5 of your manual
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/P9X79/E8038_P9X79.pdf

And have you gone through the NO Boot troubleshooting checklist here
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/

Solution