Question draw distance and lod problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2019
before, i had a high-end rig that was not sufficient with today games. then, i upgraded my rig with a new graphics card and i expected alot, since this card was R9 390x 8gb gaming (from R9 380 2gb) and i noticed only performance difference. but i realized by time that i had certain texture pop-ins that shows in front of me. i went on google and i read so much about this problem. none, had a solution for me. i tried overriding AA from radeon settings and AF to max, change few things in regedit in a location 0000/UMD. i cannot say it fixed my problem. so, this is my rig

intel core i5-4440
gigabyte b85-hd3
24gb ram 1600mhz dual channel
seasonic 520w 80+ bronze
wd 1tb green power
r9 390x gaming 8gb

i hope there IS a solution to this problem. pls respond

When you say things like high end rig that can't play today's games, and "noticed only performance difference" (?), and an attempt to set AA and AF to max (which has zero to do with pop ins), not mentioning what games you're trying to play, or if you meet system requirements on them, it's kinda putting the cart before the horse.

So what games are the most trouble, are there any that play acceptably, and what settings are you using on the demanding games? Just the fact that you're using old hardware and are trying to fix things by setting AA and AF to max, tells me you probably aren't using appropriate settings. In fact I'm not sure your spec even meets requirements for these games.

A 390X 8GB isn't even as powerful as a 1060 6GB. It's barely more than a RX 580. That said, it should play most current games with the right settings. It also totally matters what game you're playing as far as how demanding the draw distance setting is. For instance in GTA V, there's little impact, so you can probably set it to max, but in Ghost Recon Wildlands, max draw distance can effect frame rate and smoothness a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: princeboy411
Jul 19, 2019
it happens with all games i play. only GTA V and few other games has option to temper draw distance. other games are just very annoying with draw distance with texture pop-ins while moving around in a city. srry about any misunderstanding, but that's what i found...

Jul 19, 2019
i don't think it is a game problem. it could be either hardware or software or operating system conflict. i had windows 10 x64 installed about 2 months ago. so it is the latest. idk about this issue. but tbh it looks less pretty on my pc than how it looks on gameplay videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.