Draytek Vigor 2862 Router

Jul 10, 2018
I have been trying unsuccessfully to replace a cheap Mikrotik Router supplied by by our service provider Gigabeam with a Draytek 2862 router. Gigabeam have told me to disconnect from the service for an hour and then connect up. Gigabeam are unable to help, although they told me this router works on their network, they prefer the Mikrotik router. Any ideas please? I enter the PPPoE username and password and WAN VLAN Tag and it does not connect. The service comes in through an antenna from a transmitter. We get a good signal with download speeds of up to 34 MB.

Jul 10, 2018
Gigabeam have also told me that instead of turning off the Router for an hour if I call them they can "kick it off the connection" so the Draytek can log on. Unfortunately I am not at home during working hours.

Jul 10, 2018
Thank you, it’s a Mikrotik Routerboard RB951ui-2hnd and it connects to the antenna with an ethernet cable at the WAN port. The Mikrotik powers the antenna via the WAN port and the Draytek router WAN port does not, so I have a POE unit for the ethernet cable when connecting the Draytek router to the antenna.

Jul 10, 2018

Any ideas?