Dream sequence sound

Eric

I need a "dream sequence" sound file for a Mother's Day project I'm
working on with the kids.

I'm able to produce the perfect transition with Edit Studio but I just
can't find anything to use for the audio. Anyone know where I can get
a good one? Free would be best since the whole project is only about
5 minutes long.

Thanks,

Eric

> I need a "dream sequence" sound file for a Mother's Day project I'm
> working on with the kids.
>
> I'm able to produce the perfect transition with Edit Studio but I just
> can't find anything to use for the audio.

The common cliche is a 'harp glissando' for the transition, and heavy echo
or delay-with-feedback on the dialog.

You can get a harp gliss for a couple of bucks at sounddogs.com.

--
Correct address is spell out the letter j, AT dplaydahtcom
Clio- and Emmy-winning sound design
Learn audio for video at www.dplay.com

igor

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2003

Go to your local CompUSA or BestBuy or whatever superstore's near you
and look in the discounted software bins. You are almost sure to find
a CD full of sound effects for $2-$9.99. I see them everywhere. I
bought one three years ago and it has 99% of all the sounds I ever
needed. If I get a chance, I'll e-mail you the one you want, but you
should get one of those CDs anyway.

Eric

SEE-SIGFILE@rcn.com (Jay Rose CAS) wrote in message news:<SEE-SIGFILE-2004041930360001@192.168.1.101>...
> > I need a "dream sequence" sound file for a Mother's Day project I'm
> > working on with the kids.
> >
> > I'm able to produce the perfect transition with Edit Studio but I just
> > can't find anything to use for the audio.
>
> The common cliche is a 'harp glissando' for the transition, and heavy echo
> or delay-with-feedback on the dialog.
>
> You can get a harp gliss for a couple of bucks at sounddogs.com.

"Cliche" is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks, the file is perfect
(and only $3).

Eric

Eric

igarber@optonline.net (Igor) wrote in message news:<564bfe95.0404210535.3695eb83@posting.google.com>...
> Go to your local CompUSA or BestBuy or whatever superstore's near you
> and look in the discounted software bins. You are almost sure to find
> a CD full of sound effects for $2-$9.99. I see them everywhere. I
> bought one three years ago and it has 99% of all the sounds I ever
> needed. If I get a chance, I'll e-mail you the one you want, but you
> should get one of those CDs anyway.

Igor,

Thanks for the offer. Don't bother e-mailing; the account listed got
spammed into oblivion a while ago and sounddogs had the perfect file
(once I knew what to look for).

I'll keep my eyes open at the computer store.

Your suggestion did get me thinking. I checked with my local
library's on-line catalog and they have six or seven CDs of sound
effects. Should be something interesting on those also.

Eric

TRENDING THREADS