Question Drevo Blademaster Pro

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Anyone have one, how do you like it? what is the good and the bad?

My situation is I want a wireless RGB mechanical keyboard (which the Drevo is one of the few if the only one). But I want to use this in a office where the IT Department has locked everyone out of installing software on their PC's.

So how much control over the lighting do I have with the little knob and key combinations on the side? And I guess I would load some presets at home onto the keyboard and then take it to work.

Are there any competitors in that market? meaning..... wireless RGB mechanical keyboards.... I also noticed that the Blade Master pro is missing the numeric keypad on the side. I assume that is because most of the people buying it don't really use that part of a full size keyboard anyway....

Lutfij

Titan
I did this and found a tonne of results. Honestly, I wouldn't use an RGB keyboard at work, for what it's worth, an office that has you locked out of the system's will only indicate that they don't want you tampering with the system(s).

Then comes the matter about them not being cheap. TKL versions are meant for people who don't need the numpad, you will also see smaller, compact keyboards that are used by coders whereby they don't need the arrows either.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I was told I can bring in my own keyboard so they are fine with that. But the provide us with those cheap $5 knock off keyboards where it takes 5 seconds between pressing a key and it showing up on the screen. Not very effective when you are trying to type in comments in a ticket and move on to the next caller. I I mean it can take 40 seconds to type a sentence....

We also work with the lights off in the office, so I want back lighting and no wires on the desk. What would you suggest then?