drive corrupted. can't fix windows [SOLVED]

Sep 22, 2018
Trying to help my friend fix his pc. One day he turned it on and it said "repairing C drive". he didn't think anything of it and then his PC started acting up and eventually crashed. the next time he signed into his PC it told him that his whole drive was corrupted. windows repair will not work to fix it. tried installing a new copy of windows from a usb drive onto his other hard drive which is empty but an option to install windows doesn't come up. only to repair windows. when he selects repair windows it will get to 75% and then run into an error. i have searched the internet all over and cannot find a solution to this. please help. thanks.

Sep 22, 2018

well i would agree with you but he is using a clean drive. the corrupted drive is his SSD

Sep 22, 2018

how might he go about destroying partitions? he can't boot into windows to do so

Sep 22, 2018
okay so feeling a little stupid here. we didn't unplug the corrupted SSD and it even though we were selecting the other drive it was still trying to repair the SSD. unplugging the SSD solved the issue

Sep 22, 2018

I don't think you understood the problem correctly. the issue was a corrupted ssd. he had an ssd as his main drive and a 2tb hard drive as his secondary drive. he was trying to install windows on the hard drive as we could not fix the ssd. but with the ssd still connected to the system the windows install software was trying to repair the ssd rather than installing onto the hard drive. even when he would select the hard drive it would still just default to repairing the ssd. disconnecting the ssd solved this issue.