• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Drive corrupting when installed into Motherboard

Jul 3, 2020
I am have a ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I when I install a drive into the system the I can't see the drive in the BIOS or when I boot into Windows installation window (DUH yes i know) when put the drive into another computer either installing internally or plugged into USB sata adapter I can't see the drive at all in Disk Part or Disk Management. Any one have ideas what could be the cause.

popatim

Titan
So you cant see the drive in either of two computers, internally or externally. I would say you have a bad drive or an incompatible drive, such as an M2 NVME drive plugged into an M2 Sata slot.

Which drive and which USB adatper?

Jul 3, 2020
The drive is compatible it is a WD 4tb drive. In troubleshooting the a spare drive that i had that was on it's last legs was able to be seen on my main computer but when i plugged it into the other computer the drive completely stopped showing anything when i put it on my main drive. this was for a WD 4tb HDD and a Micron 256gb SSD (drive on last legs) with when put back on main computer i can't see the drive even in computer manager.

ANKER USB 3.0 to SATA ADAPTER

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS